• Who cares, I don't like them anyway.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Ground beef, tomato paste and packaged sloppy joe seasoning mix

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Same as above but with tomato sauce

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ground beef and catsup

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • It's called "ketchup" you idiot, where did you grow up, the Ozarks?

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Ground beef, tomato paste or sauce, and home made spice blend

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Let's get fancy, let's use Heinz 57 sauce instead of ketchup.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • It comes in a can, and you just heat and serve.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Why the hell would you waste ground beef on sloppy joes? Put it on a pizza, man.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • It's not just a sandwich, let's make it a Manwich (tm).

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
BBQ is pork. In NC you have your choice...swimming in a vinegar sauce if you're over in the other end of the state or just the smoked meat with the "dip" on the side, if you're in my area.

I don't recall ever being offered a Sloppy Joe in elementary school. The closest thing we had was a Pizza Burger, which was half a bun topped with ground beef, pizza sauce, and cheese. It was probably the school's favorite lunch item.

The cheese was melted on top, which kept the rest of the ingredients in place, so it was much neater to eat. Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman (although in what alternate reality someone who lives in a large air conditioned house with every possible convenience is a pioneer escapes me) has kind of a kitchen sink version here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pepperoni-pizza-burgers/ . It looks pretty good, I'll have to try that the next Friday evening when both daughters are home, as Fridays are traditionally burger night in my house.

I use proper barbecue rather than sloppy joes.

I have been known to have a meat loaf sandwich when we have leftovers. My favorite condiment for this is Salsa Lizano.

Yup. Except I use Miracle Whip.

Ground beef, tomato paste, and about 10-15 spices out of the spice rack, topped with shredded mozzarella.

I don't recall ever being offered a Sloppy Joe in elementary school. The closest thing we had was a Pizza Burger, which was half a bun topped with ground beef, pizza sauce, and cheese. It was probably the school's favorite lunch item.

The cheese was melted on top, which kept the rest of the ingredients in place, so it was much neater to eat. Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman (although in what alternate reality someone who lives in a large air conditioned house with every possible convenience is a pioneer escapes me) has kind of a kitchen sink version here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pepperoni-pizza-burgers/ . It looks pretty good, I'll have to try that the next Friday evening when both daughters are home, as Fridays are traditionally burger night in my house.

I made pizza burgers for the fam last night. They're good, also easy and quick.

Well, I did ribs. Not sure you could put them in a bun.

Well, I did ribs. Not sure you could put them in a bun.
mcrib.jpg

How did Sloppy Joes manage to Godwin in to sheep shaggery?

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. Here in North Jersey, that's just a really poorly made hamburger. A sloppy Joe is a sandwich on rye bread with corned beef, cole slaw, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing.
Only in jersey, everywhere else that would be a modified Reuben...

A coworker went to a local BBQ place that had two Rib sandwiches on the menu. He ordered the cheaper one, to go, planning to eat while driving back to work. It was two slices of bread with three bone-in ribs in the middle. Later he tried the more expensive one, it had four ribs . . .

That McD's piece of garbage is inedible, and bears no relationship I could determine to either "barbecue" or "ribs." But then again, I couldn't finish the only one I ever bought, back when they first came out.

A coworker went to a local BBQ place that had two Rib sandwiches on the menu. He ordered the cheaper one, to go, planning to eat while driving back to work. It was two slices of bread with three bone-in ribs in the middle. Later he tried the more expensive one, it had four ribs . . .

That McD's piece of garbage is inedible, and bears no relationship I could determine to either "barbecue" or "ribs." But then again, I couldn't finish the only one I ever bought, back when they first came out.

I actually don't have a distaste for McDonald's, but I agree with you completely on that "rib" sandwich. Once was enough.

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a sandwich that you get all over yourself while eating it...

Back