Slide Out Panel

It's a sign of the times. Thirty or forty years ago people didn't look at their instrument panel full of electronic gadgets thinking that it's all gonna be obsolete in 18 months and I'm gonna want to upgrade the whole thing.

I think that is a pretty neat idea. Looks like it is well laid out and would be easy to work on. I didn't hear the price of the upper end version, but the entry level plane price seemed to be pretty competative. I'd still rather have a used 'real' airplane for that amount of money.

I think that is a pretty neat idea. Looks like it is well laid out and would be easy to work on. I didn't hear the price of the upper end version, but the entry level plane price seemed to be pretty competative. I'd still rather have a used 'real' airplane for that amount of money.

Looked like the top of the line was 130K

Question, can LS or experimentals fly IFR.

Actually I think thats incorrect. LS aircraft can if equipped to do so, its the LS pilots that cant. No?

That may be true. But I don't know of any LS manufacturers that have done the certification stuff to allow that.

I can be proven wrong.

That may be true. But I don't know of any LS manufacturers that have done the certification stuff to allow that.

I can be proven wrong.

Sport Stars apparently can when equipped properly.

This Light Sport Aircraft has been approved by the Manufacturer for IFR flights with the following limitations:
Not authorized for IFR flights into known or forecast possible icing conditions.
Not authorized for IFR flights within 25 miles of known lightning or thunderstorms.

http://www.aerodynamicaviation.com/documents/Evektor Sportstar Max POH.pdf

I can be proven wrong.

One of the Evektor SportStars that I trained in (907SL) is equipped for IFR. With my instructor aboard, I got few short sessions of actual "hood" time after we filed IFR to VFR on the top (think that's the correct phrase) to poke through the California marine layer , and with his help, I once did an approach when the clouds pushed over the airport

ASTM peoples behind LS agreed to placard them "IMC prohibited" three or so years ago due to the lack of standards (or need and desire) to establish lightning protection standards.
So no, technically you cannot fly LS IFR in IMC. Experimental sure can

ASTM peoples behind LS agreed to placard them "IMC prohibited" three or so years ago due to the lack of standards (or need and desire) to establish lightning protection standards.
So no, technically you cannot fly LS IFR in IMC. Experimental sure can

I thought I read that somewhere. I think 907SL is grandfathered in.

Back