Sleep Study

JavNag

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
adnjs
My physician ordered me a sleep study for snoring. How much does it cost for a FAA compliant sleep study ? I have seen online offers for in home testing. Does anyone have experiences to share ? Thanks

DO NOT waste money on the take home test. I did mine at our local hospital and everything went well. Walked into my AME’s office on my next physical and handed him the copies for his file. I knew he would ask due to my weight so I went in prepared. Thankfully no issues.

My Sleep Study - https://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-sleep-study.html?m=1
Your write up was very interesting and descriptive.

It reminded me of my first sleep test around 20 years ago. I have had a couple since then, including one last year.
I think they used the exact same set of wires and attachments and connectors as they did 20 years ago. I mean the SAME wires, not the same KIND of wires. For some reason, I keep expecting them to use some sort of new technology, like maybe wireless transmitters or something. But no.

On another note, I spent a great deal of time recently trying to figure out why my CPAP machine doesn't transmit data any more. I finally figured out that it has a 3G modem card and 3G has now been turned off. I have to start using the SD card if I want to see my data. I have no idea whey RESMED didn't let me know about this. I had to find out on You Tube.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back