Sleep apnea compliance records

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
Getting ready to apply for class 3. I understand I will need my sleep apnea compliance records for the last year. Pre-covid I would take my SD card to the Dr they downloaded it and checked for compliance for the insurance company (no cell service in my area for the built in modem). After covid struck they stopped having anyone come in with the SD cards. They stopped checking for compliance for the insurance companies. My machine only stores data for the last 90 days and just keeps writing over the data with each day. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas as to what I might expect?

You can download a utility called OSCAR or Sleepyhead that can read SD cards from most CPAPs. I’m too lazy to find the download website, but it’s simple to Google. It will then format and print reports...

but...

in your case you would need 4 reports, one every 90 days (I had to do that for a while)...

and...

if your machine has that limitation it might not count compliance the way FAA wants. Insurance companies want to know if you are using it >4 hrs/night but FAA wants to see >6 hrs/night.

You might consider a new CPAP with better recording ability.

Currently Philips is recalling a lot of their CPAPs and their main competitor (Resmed) is getting swamped with orders.

edit: can you go with Basic Med?

Last edited:
If 30 days is all that’s required for the initial issuance then I’m good. Thanks for the information.

Before I went Basic Med I used Sleepyhead and just printed the reports and took them to my doctor. Easy peasy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back