SkyRadar DX heads up - App doesn't work on iOS 11

Joe Christian

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Joe Christian
I just tried to use the SkyRadar DX app on my iPad and got the message that it doesn't play with iOS 11. Emailed owner (Alexey) and he confirmed that it won't work, and there is no quick fix. I have an older iPad running iOS 10, but the app has evidently been pulled as I couldn't find it on the App store.

Don't need the app often, but consider it essential as it's the only way to choose antenna configuration, etc.

The SkyRadar-DX has two antennas on it; one for 978 and one for 1090. By using the app, you can change it to allow one antenna to feed both ports. Right now, mine is set for two antennas because I was using it on the glareshield. I'm going to install a permanent transponder antenna for the DX, and need to change it back to using one antenna. IIRC the app also has some diagnostic capabilities. I haven't used it in about a year so don't remember for sure. The antenna config is the biggie!

Ahh I see. Ok. When you said the app didn’t work, I didn’t realize it controlled someone’s hardware.

Sounds like whoever made the thing needs to get a move on. iOS 11 has been out quite a while now.

You can use a simple splitter cable with the proper connectors. They are on eBay for about $6. This is what you use with flightbox.

These are sma fittings on the end so look up sma splitter.

Back