SKYHOG: What's the Latest?

Well, copying copyrighted material is wrong, but the RIAA isn't winning friends, either.

So, Skyhog, any news?

Been away for a few days. No update. Nothing in response from the RIAA. Maybe they decided I wasn't easy game??

Good on that school, Skip. Someone needs to put the RIAA in its place, and it looks like someone is.

Good on that school, Skip. Someone needs to put the RIAA in its place, and it looks like someone is.
I couldn't agree more. I am glad that one of the states is fighting the cause... I'm not sure any of us mere mortals has the bucks to fight them and win.

-Skip

I'm sure us mere mortals don't have what it takes to fight. I'm also sure that's what RIAA is depending on. Frighten the fish into paying up then move on to the next one.

I'm sure us mere mortals don't have what it takes to fight. I'm also sure that's what RIAA is depending on. Frighten the fish into paying up then move on to the next one.

Yep. It's an extortion racket. The RIAA has backed off whenever a defendant gets close to a real judgment in court. There are a handful of cases going on now where they're not being allowed to just drop it.

It would be nice of Eliot Spitzer or such would sue the RIAA under the RICO act.

The latest is they are claiming that ANY copying of music is a violation, when they had on their own web site it was OK to make a copy for personal use. They changed the web page.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/28/AR2007122800693.html?nav=hcmodule

Back