Skydiving Pics

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
In May of 2001 I did my 1st tandem skydive. It was the most amazing experience ever. Here are some of the pictures that were taken. (sorry for the low quality...but I still think they are rather fun pictures.)

SEE PICS IN POST BELOW!!!!!

Last edited:
Looks like you had a blast, Brook!

I did Kevin.

At first I was :mad3: about something. I said to myself "Today will be the day I go skydiving." I went to work. Called the skydiving place after my shift only to find out they were closed. I was :frown2: that they told me they were opened only Weds. - Sun. Then they told me they had a crew going up to come on out. I was :smile:.

I arrived at Carolina Sky Sports (they just went out of business) paid my money, watched a lot of videos that said if I got hurt or killed I couldn't sue the company, then signed my life away. (Sign here :target:, here :target:, and here :target:.) I had about a 30 min. brief then my tandem master and I walked out to the King Air.

We take off and climb to an alt. of 14,500 ft. While on the way up Randy, my tandem master, hooked me up to his harness. At 14,500 the door went up and the videographer went out and hung on to the side of the aircraft. Randy and I made it to the door. Then he said..."Remember...it's Let's (arch your back) Go (flip out the door). Well when I looked out all of a sudden I had this look on my face :yikes:. Actually...when people watch the video it looked more like I was about to :vomit:. I had my arms across my chest.....he was on Let's...I wasn't ready and went to put my hands back on the side of the door and all of a sudden it was "GO!!!!!" I had to fold my arms back in really quick and flip out. :hairraise:

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I thought I was going to have the pit of your stomach in your throat feeling but it was a very peaceful experience. That was until the chute came open. Then I was jerked pretty hard and I had brusies, for quite some time afterwards, from where the harness was too tight. Then we had a nice landing. Alsmost perfect until a gust of wind grabbed the chute and dragged us down. :redface:

I have jumped 2 more times since. My parents and most my friends think that I am :crazy: for jumping but I tell them I just like to live life to it's fullest.

I can't wait to do it again someday.

Bump from a fellow plane jumper.

I decided to go on a whim, and called a bunch of friends. At first, lots of people were interested, but when it came down to it only 2 other people came with me.

I had all the waivers filled out when i arrived, so there wasnt really much to review before the jump. My instructor briefly went over the hand signals, and told me the sequence of events. We waited for the twin otter to taxi over to us after getting fuel, and we all climbed on.

A few weeks ago, i did my first dual cross country flight to 44N near Poughkeepsie, NY which is east of the Hudson river, and i was able to see some of the same landmarks even though the jump was west of the river.

I kept checking my instructor's altimeter so i wouldnt be caught by surprise when we reached jump altitude (which was 13,800, i think). Walking toward the open door, i instinctively grabbed the door frame, but the instructor reminded me to keep my hands on my harness, thereby taking from me my ability to hesitate. The camera guy was hanging like spiderman to the fuselage just outside the door and before i could object, the instructor thrust us out the door. The falling sensation only lasts a few seconds while you are accelerating to terminal velocity, at which point it just feels like a 120 mph wind in your face. I had a slight goggle malfunction, so the right side flipped up, and i lost the contact lens in that eye. Not a big deal. Since i was so preoccupied with fixing my goggles, i missed the signal to pull the cord so the instructor had to do it himself. After that, he relaxed the harness a bit, and we messed around with some maneuvering. I gave a good tug on the left and right controls, and did some pretty wicked turns. The ground came pretty quick, or so it seemed, and we had a nice smooth landing. Much like landing a plane, you ease the chute into a stall condition just as you touch down. pretty cool.

Anyway, enough yammering.

1006497.jpg

It's all pretty fuzzy, but i was told that freefall would be a bit under a minute, and 5 to 10 minutes more once the chute was pulled at 6000 (Which seemed like well under 5 minutes). Im pretty sure those altitudes are AGL,, because i remember all the altimeters read 0 on the ground

Last edited:
Bump from a fellow plane jumper.

I decided to go on a whim, and called a bunch of friends. At first, lots of people were interested, but when it came down to it only 2 other people came with me.

I had all the waivers filled out when i arrived, so there wasnt really much to review before the jump. My instructor briefly went over the hand signals, and told me the sequence of events. We waited for the twin otter to taxi over to us after getting fuel, and we all climbed on.

A few weeks ago, i did my first dual cross country flight to 44N near Poughkeepsie, NY which is east of the Hudson river, and i was able to see some of the same landmarks even though the jump was west of the river.

I kept checking my instructor's altimeter so i wouldnt be caught by surprise when we reached jump altitude (which was 13,800, i think). Walking toward the open door, i instinctively grabbed the door frame, but the instructor reminded me to keep my hands on my harness, thereby taking from me my ability to hesitate. The camera guy was hanging like spiderman to the fuselage just outside the door and before i could object, the instructor thrust us out the door. The falling sensation only lasts a few seconds while you are accelerating to terminal velocity, at which point it just feels like a 120 mph wind in your face. I had a slight goggle malfunction, so the right side flipped up, and i lost the contact lens in that eye. Not a big deal. Since i was so preoccupied with fixing my goggles, i missed the signal to pull the cord so the instructor had to do it himself. After that, he relaxed the harness a bit, and we messed around with some maneuvering. I gave a good tug on the left and right controls, and did some pretty wicked turns. The ground came pretty quick, or so it seemed, and we had a nice smooth landing. Much like landing a plane, you ease the chute into a stall condition just as you touch down. pretty cool.

Anyway, enough yammering.

1006497.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

Looks like your goggles slipped off.

Wish my pictures were as good as yours...but mine are 8 years old now.

Brook's link takes me to her photostreams page, but says "This is not the page you're looking for. It looks like you're trying to see something in hpnflygirl's photostream. Here are their most recent uploads...". Anybody else having trouble seeing her skydiving photos?

Yea, i got the same thing. I didn't see a skydiving album.

Brook's link takes me to her photostreams page, but says "This is not the page you're looking for. It looks like you're trying to see something in hpnflygirl's photostream. Here are their most recent uploads...". Anybody else having trouble seeing her skydiving photos?

Sorry about that guys.

I deleted the link by accident on my Flickr page.

Here is the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpnflygirl/3277352687/

Back