Skycatcher g300 dual screens learning

pilotod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eyeflying
I've flown it twice and am checked out in it but the check out should have been on the g300 I think. The FBO said I can ask them to hook up power so I can learn it on the ground but garmin should make a video (for free) to explain it. I'm trying to read the pdf manual at home and it's not the same as being there.

I wish I could plug my iPad into some unit and just not bother with soft keys, hard keys, joystick and whatever else there is on it.

I could just fly the 172 and pay a little more. Has more room too.

Time is valuable. What do you guys do when you fly glass for the first time? And once you learn it are the other glass panels similar with how the buttons work?

Anyone know of a video experience that's not about the Skycatcher but about the g300?

Quick search shows sim programs with functioning g300 panels. Garmin had free pc sims for the g1000 they might have one for the 300 i didnt look that hard.

are you referring to computer flight simulator programs that have the g300? I was talking about a video but I have MSFS that I don't really use....or care too much but thanks for your almost effortless google search.

Quick search shows sim programs with functioning g300 panels. Garmin had free pc sims for the g1000 they might have one for the 300 i didnt look that hard.

just curious Greg, do you use a flight sim to familiarize yourself with things like this? I just haven't figured out MSFS yet.

No. Ive only played with the stuff a bit. When I was going to have access to a g1000 equipped aircraft I had a pc based sim, I thought it was made by garmin I know I didnt pay for it. If garmin doesnt make something, try the sims. The way skm people are wired Id guess the g300 works exactly the same as a real one.

Back