Skybeacon problem

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
I just received my Skybeacon and noticed it comes with tiny little wires and crimp fittings to attach the wires. At each annual, I remove my wingtips by disconnecting the Nav light but will be unable to do the same with the Skybeacon. Has anyone gone through an annual with a Skybeacon and what did you do about removing the wingtip? I could just pull it off and set it on the wing but the tiny wires concern me.

I'll check with the mechanic when he installs it. I think I'll go with a waterproof connector though.

Here's what UAvonics says....if you are using the strobes, you may experience headset noise if the connector corrodes (which it will). If not using the strobe feature then there should be no problem but he did say the waterproof connectors are always the best.

Or some DC-4 on the pins to seal the molex but, I agree, why not go with sealed connectors.

I just went with the provided heat shrink crimps recently. There is enough wire to pull the wingtips off and set them on top of the wing at least, making an inspection easy. I did also consider having a connector, but I figured that that could easily be accomplished in the future at the cost of 1" of wire length.

lot of discussion at the Cessna 170.org site

Back