Sky Sectionals Problems

Pa28-140

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gordon Shumway
Since I can never seem to find the right charts available to buy when I want them (last minute), I subscribed to several of the IFR enroute charts at Sky Sectionals (www.skysectionals.com). I downloaded the first set fine but never received a login or notification that new charts were available for download prior to the next cycle. Actually, there is no place to login on their site.

I emailed SkySectionals using their online form requesting assistance. Their site advises that they will answer promptly. I have now emailed four times over the last three weeks with no response. I was able to dig through my archived emails and found a link that actually let me download current charts. There was absolutely nothing in that email that indicated to continue to use that link. Quite the contrary, it said the link expired in nine days.

A couple of questions: #1 is that the only way to access charts? Using an old email? I don't always have my laptop available and would occasionally like to use another computer to download. #2 Does their customer service always suck this bad? #3 Is there another vendor that offers a similar service? I think I'm done with these guys.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Wow! Can't believe I haven't gotten a response to this post. I'm just checking to see if the reply button works :-( Also, still no reply from Sky Sectionals.

Interesting that they don't provide a physical address or customer support telephone number, either of which is something I look for when making online purchase.

Maybe they'll come across this thread in a Google search and get off their collective gluteus maximi.

Interesting that they don't provide a physical address or customer support telephone number, either of which is something I look for when making online purchase.

Maybe they'll come across this thread in a Google search and get off their collective gluteus maximi.

:wink2: I can only hope. I even posted on their Facebook feedback page hoping I would wake somebody up. Must be nice to not care about return customers.

I finally made contact with the company owner today. He indicated that none of my queries were received. It appears that there was a technical problem not a customer service issue. Whatever the case, the situation is resolved. I still like his product. It's a good alternative to buying the FAA charts.

Until he has another technical problem just when you really, really, need a current chart... A one man band can't play the gig when one man doesn't show up...

Until he has another technical problem just when you really, really, need a current chart... A one man band can't play the gig when one man doesn't show up...

So true, but there really aren't a lot of options available that I can see. Any ideas?

I finally made contact with the company owner today. He indicated that none of my queries were received. It appears that there was a technical problem not a customer service issue. Whatever the case, the situation is resolved. I still like his product. It's a good alternative to buying the FAA charts.

A technical problem with customer service is a customer service issue.

Flitesoft's website is down tonight and that prevents updating their chart files. Ack.

http://www.thedigitalpilot.com/members/ has the A/FD and approach plates for download in pdf format (free registration).

Last edited:
How did you make contact? I started using Sky Sectionals, and I too had it quit working properly -- and couldn't find a contact phone # on their site. Googling Sky Sectionals led me to this forum and your report.

Back