Sky+Med TV Show

Palmpilot

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Palm
I've started watching Sky+Med on Paramount+, about a fictional airborne medevac outfit in northern Canada. It's pretty entertaining, but I found it a little jarring when they pronounced "PIC" as "pick." I've never heard a pilot say it like that, but maybe they do it differently in Canada. :dunno:

I’m based in the nyc - New England area. I’ve never heard anything else besides “pick”, unless no abbreviation is used: pilot in command, or even “pee-eye-see“.

What do you call it?

Skip

Grab some coffee at the fobo aye, hoser.

''If the weather doesn't let up soon, sasquatch will be there first, and then we will be out of a job, ay.??''

It's pretty entertaining, but I found it a little jarring when they pronounced "PIC" as "pick."
I would have just assumed I heard it wrong and they were saying "prick". Seriously. I would never have guessed that "pick" was supposed to mean "pee-eye-see".

I will try the show.

I’m based in the nyc - New England area. I’ve never heard anything else besides “pick”, unless no abbreviation is used: pilot in command, or even “pee-eye-see“.

What do you call it?

Skip
Interesting. All I've ever heard around here is pilot-in-command or the individual letters, i.e., "pee-eye-see." So I guess it's a regional difference.

I would have just assumed I heard it wrong and they were saying "prick". Seriously. I would never have guessed that "pick" was supposed to mean "pee-eye-see".

I will try the show.
The closed caption had it as "PIC" which I'm guessing was how it appeared in the script. The meaning was confirmed by the context of the conversation.

There is at least one "prick" in the show. :D

Back