Ski flying & Ravioli

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
So I'm kinda hooked on ski flying now... especially after @rwellner98 gave me a ride in his plane the other week. Being grounded for a few months doesn't help either so I'm spending way too much time on youtube watching ski planes. Though the hotdogs were good last time, I think the Ravioli in this video looks even better. So here's more of his magic ski flying & cooking.

So I'm kinda hooked on ski flying now... especially after @rwellner98 gave me a ride in his plane the other week. Being grounded for a few months doesn't help either so I'm spending way too much time on youtube watching ski planes. Though the hotdogs were good last time, I think the Ravioli in this video looks even better. So here's more of his magic ski flying & cooking.

Yeah, man. That was some good ravioli. Unfortunately, I broke my tailwheel a few days later. But hopefully back in the skies soon!

Yeah, man. That was some good ravioli. Unfortunately, I broke my tailwheel a few days later. But hopefully back in the skies soon!

Sorry about the tail wheel, glad to chat and find out the parts are on the way!

Sorry about the tail wheel, glad to chat and find out the parts are on the way!

Got a tracking number. Parts arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the annual being done in front of me is clean so that my plane can get fixed.

Swing by the house. There are several airplanes on skis flying around here regularly. I can watch them taxi, take off, and land right from the kitchen, the deck, etc. And I have soooooo many beers to choose from if you get thirsty watching airplanes on skis. The whisky barrel stout is especially good for that. Shoot- I have RC airplanes on skis, too! Come on over!

I don’t think I’m going to make it on skis this year :( just too busy wrapping up house remodel… hoping to have the big shtuff done by spring. But yea it’s a lot of fun! Heck it even makes my landings smooth :)

I hear it’s next to impossible to ground loop a ski plane. No personal experience, though.

I hear it’s next to impossible to ground loop a ski plane. No personal experience, though.

Yea I’d say that’s likely true. Maybe on glare ice… but in any snow the TW has the effect of a drift anchor pulling back on ya and would straighten out a lot of bad if it needed to. But yes that’s the first thing I noticed was how benign she was on the ground on skis… just looses that desire to swap ends…

Back