Sitting at NAS Miramar

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Well, I'm in San Diego on business this week, at a client location with my office overlooking Miramar. Saw my first flying Boeing Osprey yesterday, built in good ole Ridley, PA, and enjoying the F/A-18's constantly flying outside my office window. They really are a treat to watch. I'm told by my colleagues, Miramar is a Marine base now, but as you know was the location for the movie "Top Gun", which while mildly entertaining, made Naval Aviators look like a bunch of high school dropouts. :rolleyes:

I was also at Montgomery Field today as my client also has a location adjacent to the airport. From what I am told it is a VERY busy airport.

Still it is very nice here, and I can see the attraction of living here in San Diego, as the weather always seems perfect. People are complaining this week that it is cold, but it is 63F, and sunny. Cold? Really? :D

John, I'd love to get together, but they have me going from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM every day, and 9 is my midnight so I basically go to bed when I get back to the hotel, then I'm wide awake by 3:00 AM. :(

The Tiger would look good out here, although I wouldn't want to scare the Hornets. :D

Last edited:
But you're missing all this wonderful grey, wet fog and rain back here in the lovely Philly region!!

Yeah, can't wait to deal with that, although the forecast is better for the weekend, and I won't be home until then anyway.

Hey top gun was cool. Every time I watch it I want to drop everything and join the military

Mira Mesa? Black Mountain? :)

I was stationed there when it was Blue and Gold.

Had the opportunity to fly an F-18 sim there last year but couldn't quite get it safely on the carrier...

I learned to fly out in SanDiego, Got my ticket in 1984. I was stationed at NAS North Island. Flew into Montgomery field, it is busy as are all the fields out there, soloed at Brown Field. You can fly nearly every day out there, after the marine layer lifts around 10 AM. Enjoy your visit.

I learned to fly out in SanDiego, Got my ticket in 1984. I was stationed at NAS North Island. Flew into Montgomery field, it is busy as are all the fields out there, soloed at Brown Field. You can fly nearly every day out there, after the marine layer lifts around 10 AM. Enjoy your visit.

In addition, I have to suffer staying a Torrey Pines golf course overlooking the PGA U.S. Open course and the ocean. :D

It's not an NAS any more it is a Marine corps Air Station MCAS.. I helped in the accident investigation when the F-8 flew into the hangar in 196?

what a mess, 56 sailors died that day. placing bodies in bags is not what any one can forget.

MYF can be very busy, but it was actually pretty quiet today. Did you fly into MYF?

Back