Site down for Database update

Silicon Rallye

Gone West (6-14-09)
Display Name

Display name:
John Godwin
I've noticed that the POA Site has been going offline for database updates several times over the past week. It seems as if it's taken down at 9:00 PM Pacific time (midnight Eastern time) which seems a bit early for me.

Any chance that the maintenance can be done a bit later in the evening?

Silicon Rallye said:
I've noticed that the POA Site has been going offline for database updates several times over the past week. It seems as if it's taken down at 9:00 PM Pacific time (midnight Eastern time) which seems a bit early for me.

Any chance that the maintenance can be done a bit later in the evening?

I have noticed that the DB update is still running between 4:30 AM and 6:30 AM EDT. If it starts at midnight PDT, then it apparenlty takes >3.5 hours to accomplish the update. If it really does take >3.5+ hours to accomplish the update, could it be done a little earlier in the morning?:)

It actually isn't supposed to be down that long. We're looking at the backup system, which is what it's doing.

As a Westerner, I second the "please reschedule" if it's going to be longer than 15 minutes. :D

Brian Austin said:
It actually isn't supposed to be down that long. We're looking at the backup system, which is what it's doing.

As a Westerner, I second the "please reschedule" if it's going to be longer than 15 minutes. :D
I've notice that after a backup, clicking in "recent activity" yields no postings (but new posts does)...

It is supposed to be a 3 minute process, max. It's slowing down for some reason which is causing the timeout limit to be violated.

I'm going to increase that timeout limit.

Back