Sirens and Tornados

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Hearing the disaster alert sirens (the ones we were taught, when we were kids, meant the big one was on the way), and see that we have a tornado warning- funnels in Tarrant County, headed our way.

Keep your head down, Troy!

Spike....why are you on the computer when you are about to be blown away?

Hope you guys make out ok down there.

Spike....why are you on the computer when you are about to be blown away?

Hope you guys make out ok down there.

Well, I am all done panicking... just waiting to fly.

Big hail starting!

Hearing the disaster alert sirens (the ones we were taught, when we were kids, meant the big one was on the way), and see that we have a tornado warning- funnels in Tarrant County, headed our way.

Keep your head down, Troy!

Keep your own head down, Spike--it's headed your way.

I got caught just north of the tornado, Spike. It wasn't a big one--you folks watching this thread while this is happening can go to www.nbc5i.com for live radar and tv coverage. I was driving home and saw the lowering clouds, they were DARK. Then I got pelted by hail. I can't believe I don't have any dents, they must use thick metal on the Volvo.

Here's a few pictures:

Attachments

• Whistman 76137 Hail 2007-04-13 001.jpg
    Whistman 76137 Hail 2007-04-13 001.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Whistman 76137 Hail 2007-04-13.jpg
    Whistman 76137 Hail 2007-04-13.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Whistman 76137 Lowering Clouds driving home.jpg
    Whistman 76137 Lowering Clouds driving home.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 35
Gracious, me. You got it worse.

Looks like it's all done here.

Beware off to the east.

wow you called it Spike; "armageddon" predicted by SC, 9am this morning
(good no-go decision too!) (even better if you had an airplane to no-go with!!)

Well....it was interesting. Greetings from the North side of DFW.

Gee thanks guys..you could have kept it up north. Now we're getting it here in Austin!

Wowiewow! That's a storm!

C'mon up to Oshkosh, Nick, and we'll show ya a good storm. This was one of the two good ones from last year. The other one resulted in me packing up camp faster than I'd have ever thought possible - Under five minutes from asleep to everything torn down and sitting in the car.

DSCN2845.jpg

Wow those are some amazing pics!

We're getting ready for the rain and flooding here with hurricane force winds, should be a nice weekend.

Stay safe!

We had a pretty good line through San Antonio last night. Dime-sized hail. Lucky me - I was out at the minor league baseball game when it hit. The hail was pretty impressive when you're standing under the awning 12 inches from where it's falling :eek:

Back