Single women pilot looking for flight partner

???
That's maybe 5 minutes from Camarillo. Gotta make her expend a little more effort for the fine, upstanding specimens on this board.:D
So fine and upstanding citizens, I am so impressed! So when is the fly in?

In all honesty I'm not a pilot 'yet'...its in my blood. My grandfather was a mechanic at what used to be General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) helped build the F16 (was very top secret at the time..of course.

Skyinmind: a minor correction. Lockheed Martin didn't "used to be General Dynamics." I'm wearing a gold watch which is a retirement piece and is inscribed as such from Martin Marietta Corp. That company was a joining of Martin Spacecraft and American Marietta Corp., the latter best known as a cement producer. I'm not the retiree; my late father was with Dragon Cement Corp., New England's only cement producing facility, at his 37 year retirement a division of Martin Marietta. However, somewhat after his retirement the parent became Lockheed Martin.
General Dynamics does have a division here in Maine. The finest U.S. Navy ships are built by Bath Iron Works, 7 miles from my house. Lockheed Martin is one of many companies who are closely affiliated with BIW/General Dynamics.
A few of my aerials are below.

HR

Attachments

• Bath 081310_6.jpg
    Bath 081310_6.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • Bath Waterfront_3 Display.jpg
    Bath Waterfront_3 Display.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • BIW 081310.jpg
    BIW 081310.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Bath Stretch_2.jpg
    Bath Stretch_2.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 10
Skyinmind: a minor correction. Lockheed Martin didn't "used to be General Dynamics."

If I may, I think she was referring to the specific case of the GD plant in W Fort Worth which made the F-16, and subsequently sold their interest in making planes to LM nee Martin Marietta. Also, the Fort Worth plant built some of the early GD F-111s and once that work tapered down, LM worked with Grumman to support the F-111s after the departure of GD.

So, technically a segment of GD was sold to LM back in the 90s. Interestingly enough, GD also owned Cessna for a while, and later spun that off to I think, Textron?

<edit: I worked for General Atomics in the 80s after they sold that division to Gulf Oil. We built Tokamak reactors, and also some Thorium nuke reactors in various parts of the country which I am not at liberty to discuss. However, if you are driving north from Denver, but not quite to the Wyoming border, you may want to cover your genitals for a while. :yikes:>

Last edited:
I am in Oregon, single and I lost my wife 9/19/12, but it is cold in Oregon as well.

Lockheed Martin is one of many companies who are closely affiliated with BIW/General Dynamics.

I wouldn't say they are at all affiliated. Lockheed Martin is most definitely a competitor of GD, as is Northrup Grumman.

I wouldn't say they are at all affiliated. Lockheed Martin is most definitely a competitor of GD, as is Northrup Grumman.
"Affiliated" in the sense that many companies(subcontractors) have product or insight/design factors which become part of the ship under construction. Lockheed Martin has personnel stationed at Bath Iron Works. It's not often we hear/see F-16 activity in this area. When we do, it's LOUD and likely that a new ship's radar(or other systems) is being tested. Lockheed Martin probably has a stake in said tests' results.

HR

Last edited:
Except Kimberly expressed a prefence for NOT dating pilots.

I did try dating a pilot or two in 2013.

Sure enough, I'm still single.

Oh and some SIC who flew for regionals just flaked on a meeting after we'd been trying to hang out for a month.

In general, I try to avoid dating pilots. I am now on the board of directors in an aviation related activity that I participate in, so I'm more "involved" in aviation now than ever, but . . . . I don't know.

As heavily steeped as I am in the world of aviation (hell I just attended a 30-pilot all weekend IFR seminar)...... you would think, by now, I'd have met a single young male pilot.

It seems as though they don't exist.

Nice to meet you phantasy and I'm sorry I'm quite far from Southern California.

My advice to you would be EAA, WINGS, Flight Schools (with parties), etc. Just get out there and socialize.

Back