Single Malts (sampler pack)

twdeckard

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
twdeckard
It would be wrong to hijack a Bourbon thread to ask about Scotch.

Any suggestions for a "sampler" pack of single malts. I will get it online if it can arrive by Christmas.

We meet up with friends (McBean's) as part of New Years festivities and I'd like to bring a sampler of single malts. I cannot afford to bring bottles and have a descent spread. Its important to note there will be Haggis and Bagpipes so can't go half way on this.

I am going to start googling, but will troll for advice from the Clan POA.

Todd

For a real peaty scotch make sure to try Laphroaig. Probably on the extreme of the scale. I'm sure there are mellower blends to try on the other side.

For a real peaty scotch make sure to try Laphroaig. Probably on the extreme of the scale. I'm sure there are mellower blends to try on the other side.

Extreme, for sure. The Cask Strength is a taste to behold.

Laguvilin, Caol Ila, Talisker, Glenmorangie, Macallan's, and Oban all come in "sampler" (nip) sizes I believe. My google fu is non-existent tonight, but InternetWines.com usually has a good selection.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Extreme, for sure. The Cask Strength is a taste to behold.

Laguvilin, Caol Ila, Talisker, Glenmorangie, Macallan's, and Oban all come in "sampler" (nip) sizes I believe. My google fu is non-existent tonight, but InternetWines.com usually has a good selection.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Using the google search "single malt sampler" gave a decent list, including internetwines.com

Using the google search "single malt sampler" gave a decent list, including internetwines.com

The intertwines package was sold out. I'm going to visit one of the upscale liquor stores this week and see what I can assemble "by hand"

Thanks!

Dunedin, NZ, has a strong Scottish heritage. One of the local hotels has a haggis feast for visiting tour groups. Part of the entertainment is the ceremony that goes with it, where members of the group are "volunteered" to be part of the troupe that puts on the ritual. Never again.

Last edited:
+1, very smooth and unique flavor.

I'm working through a bottle of their 21 PortWood right now. Just cracked it a month ago, should get it to last the better part of the year. Very nice, delicious stuff. A bit on the "fruity" side for my tastes, but a nice product overall.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back