Simple question

Thomas Hempstead

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hempstead
I recently purchased a Glasair III and it came with a 650 already installed. I have paid Garmin for the required subscription to keep it updated and subsequently, updated the database. What I am trying to find is how I can buy a second or backup card for the GPS so I am not constantly making trips to the airport to pull the card out of the unit, take it home, plug it into the computer and update. I would like to be able to swap out the two cards. I am not looking to go around Garmin but they have been less than forthcoming as to where I can go to get a second card from them. I have called, emailed and written. So far I have been totally ignored. Any suggestions?

There’s no such thing as a simple question youngin’.

I would think you could just clone it onto any other sd card.

The card they gave me at a class in August is a generic SD card adapter with their Garmin branded 8GB micro-SD card installed. I believe the 650 supports up to 32 GB. I took a picture of the Garmin branded card and zoomed in; it is made in China...

As others said, any card should work as long as it is of the proper size and format.

The included card ending in -00 is 8 gig. It won’t work. They included a card in a cardboard sleeve that ends in -10, 16 gig. You need to use a 16 gig card or the Navdata won’t load.

Back