Simple paper logbook

Dana

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dana
Where can I get a nice but simple old fashioned paper logbook? Seems like all I see have all these columns for instrument, simulator, multi engine, PIC/SIC, all these things I don't care about as I fly my biplane around the local area. All I want are columns for solo/pic, dual, cross country, maybe night, and a few blank columns for personal use, and remarks. My very first logbook was like that, the next couple had all those columns I never used, my most recent one I actually made myself, with a nice bonded leather cover. Now I'm down to the last page in my current book, I could make another but I'd rather not if I can buy one.

You may have to just make another one the way you like it. All of the commercially produced logbooks that I know of have those columns, (Instrument, ME, XC etc.) even the very basic ASA standard log.

Where can I get a nice but simple old fashioned paper logbook? Seems like all I see have all these columns for instrument, simulator, multi engine, PIC/SIC, all these things I don't care about as I fly my biplane around the local area. All I want are columns for solo/pic, dual, cross country, maybe night, and a few blank columns for personal use, and remarks. My very first logbook was like that, the next couple had all those columns I never used, my most recent one I actually made myself, with a nice bonded leather cover. Now I'm down to the last page in my current book, I could make another but I'd rather not if I can buy one.

Post a pic of yours and what you’re willing to pay.

Invent your own using excel spreadsheet. Print off whatever you need.

Just get a spiral notebook and make your own.

I have used a spiral notebook for over 10 years now.

Just get a spiral notebook and make your own.

I have used a spiral notebook for over 10 years now.
I could, but this is all about the aesthetics of using nice things... same reason I fly a biplane... :)

FedEx-Kinko's does spiral binding for $5.00 or so with a clear plastic front cover and a black plastic rear cover. I've done several manuals using 8 1/2" x 11" paper cut in half so the pages are 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", and they look pretty professional. I can see how a custom logbook could be made the same way.

Back