Sim Racing

Tarheel Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Tarheel Pilot
Anyone here does Sim Racing? I dabble in it once in awhile (NR2003, ARCA Sim, iRacing, etc.) But I never get good enough to be competitive. I guess it's just one of those things where you either have it, or you don't.

However, I still enjoy the genre, I just move onto more arcade-y style games.

So anyone else here play any Sim Racing games?

Anyone here does Sim Racing? I dabble in it once in awhile (NR2003, ARCA Sim, iRacing, etc.) But I never get good enough to be competitive. I guess it's just one of those things where you either have it, or you don't.

Alot more fun to do the real thing......

There are various racing classes around that offer relative affordable fun...

Alot more fun to do the real thing......

There are various racing classes around that offer relative affordable fun...

I can't afford aviation and real world racing. :no:

Even Go-Kart is too expensive. I mean yes, you can get a basic car out on the track, but you won't be competitive, and racing isn't much fun if you're not able to at least run with the pack.

As for how I know racing is expensive, my brother used to race Go-Kart under the WKA banner as well as 4 cyl. modified (or Mini-stock) at a local dirt track and I remember my dad having to sell his 1972 Dodge Challenger to fund my brother racing career.

So buy a cheap beater, and race it in what ever class it fits in, my Saturn is likely to be the fastest car in its class.

Now I just need to get myself up to snuff.

So buy a cheap beater, and race it in what ever class it fits in, my Saturn is likely to be the fastest car in its class.

Now I just need to get myself up to snuff.

What class do you run?

I use to do it back in the 90's. I had some friends in sillicone Valley whom where big into computer racing and they setup a really cool Sim using Indy 500 program.

We had to be the biggest Geeks around. Wearing helmets and all...lol

It was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again.

My body will not allow me to do the real thing so this is the next best and a lot cheaper.

Oval racing is the best but I will race anything.

Back