Silver State Helicopter closes its doors...

Wow, that sucks. I thought they would make it through. Are there that many helicopter jobs out there, or are most of these guys going to be screwed?

holy cow. They recently opened an operation at Lakeland. I heard them in the pattern yesterday. I have a buddy who went to one of their seminars last week. He said there were at least 150 people there and they made it clear they could only take on 30-35 new students. He also said they wanted 60-70k to get you a commercial rating. All here say of course. But I sure am glad he hadn't signed up cuz you'll ever see that money again! tc

i was about month into the schooling at silver state when i got a txt from my "teacher" saying we are closed and will not be open again sorry have a good day, i hate everything about those people

i was about month into the schooling at silver state when i got a txt from my "teacher" saying we are closed and will not be open again sorry have a good day, i hate everything about those people

Wow. That sucks.
Did they a lot of your money, or did you pay as you went along?

Welcome to POA.

Sorry man, life sucks sometimes.

Did anyone go to jail for that scam ?

The guy who owned it used to have a house in my neighborhood, it's been vacant for awhile. After they closed a couple days later all the tires were slashed on his H2 and the windows broken, a few days after that he (and his car) dissapeared and we never saw them again.

At my old school they got an ex-student of Silver State. He didnt like to talk about it other than "yup, I got screwed out of $60K" Lucky for him some of his hours transfered to his commercial ASEL rating

I know a few CFIs who progressed through SSH. They were fortunate enough to have been on the early side of things so they got what they paid for. They all said their training was much better than they had anticipated.

But I do feel for the folks that Jerry fleeced. Unforgivable.

Back