Silliest thing a passenger has said

My sister, as we passed around 200'AGL the first time she and her daughter flew with me:

"...what if we crashed and we all died?"

"I'm fine...I won't get sick" - My 8 month pregnant sister-in-law just after a large breakfast.

Silliest thing I've ever said: "OK"

Don't you have to check in with somebody to be allowed to fly? (many)

"Aren't you afraid to be involved with such a dangerous hobby?" Says my brother the motorcycle rider....

Stupid question: While flying over the city. What's that?
Answer: That's half of the world.

#2 on short final: what's that smoke?

"You are filing a flight plan?? Because all of those guys that die in plane crashes did not." Sure.

"Are you going to crash?" We should know the answer after our landing.

"You fly behind one propeller and one engine?" Yep.

"You trust yourself to build a plane in your garage?" Hmmm.

While we are in cruise...

Can you lower the window shade in the lav?

" Where did the trees go?"

My 3 year old grandson said as the trees passed under the wing. :lol:

Nothing really silly or memorable. Nothing worse that I ever said or asked when I first got started.

While we are in cruise...

Can you lower the window shade in the lav?

Maybe they saw that old Bill Shatner movie? :D Hey, if it happened in Hollywood maybe it's real...

Maybe they saw that old Bill Shatner movie? :D Hey, if it happened in Hollywood maybe it's real...
Well, maybe...

1375688573024.jpg

"So I'm not going to die in this thing am I?"

"Given I have a vested interest in keeping me alive, I'd say you're good."

I have gotten "Where are the parachutes?" probably a half dozen times.

My favorite was a friend asking "So wait a minute, can everybody hear everything we are saying?"

Not silly coming from non aviation types but funny from the left seat.

I have gotten "Where are the parachutes?" probably a half dozen times.

My favorite was a friend asking "So wait a minute, can everybody hear everything we are saying?"

Not silly coming from non aviation types but funny from the left seat.

Next time if you want a bit of fun, you can say "yes, everyone can hear us so we must start every sentence with "batman to robin", and see how long it takes before he figures it out :)

Don't you have to check in with somebody to be allowed to fly? (many)

Yup. My stock answer; 'did you check in with someone to be allowed to drive to the supermarket?'

I've gotten that from quite a few passengers. I've also had passengers that stayed quiet the whole flight and later told me it was because they thought ATC could here them talk. I started adding to my preflight briefing, "you are going to hear air traffic control over the radio during the flight, but don't worry, they can't here you. They can only hear me when I press this button."

Next time if you want a bit of fun, you can say "yes, everyone can hear us so we must start every sentence with "batman to robin", and see how long it takes before he figures it out :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"What's this stick thingie between my legs?"

(We were in a DA40.)

Back