Sigtronics headsets

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Wondering if anyone has any reviews, thoughts, feelings about headsets from Sigtronics.

I'm very loosely considering getting an extra headset for the family - I see their ads all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen or known anyone that's used them.

edit: and before this turns into a "the best headset is..." thread: I'm just trying to find out about Sigtronics quality/reputation/service.

Wondering if anyone has any reviews, thoughts, feelings about headsets from Sigtronics.

I'm very loosely considering getting an extra headset for the family - I see their ads all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen or known anyone that's used them.

edit: and before this turns into a "the best headset is..." thread: I'm just trying to find out about Sigtronics quality/reputation/service.

My very first headsets were Sigtronics, I bought them and a 4 place portable intercom in the mid-80's :yikes: At the time I thought they were sent from heaven, like I said they were my first. ;) I would also consider a "higher quality" used set from eBay or somewhere.

I concur.

Have both active and passive noise reduction models, and both work just hunky dorey and without the expense of "designer" headsets.
Very happy with them.

Matthew;

If you're looking for some budget PNR's for the family, check with Kenny @ Austin Flight Check. I got some two of Lightspeed OEM Re-branded models (similar to the Marv Golden) for about $160-170 with shipping included.

Matthew;

If you're looking for some budget PNR's for the family, check with Kenny @ Austin Flight Check. I got some two of Lightspeed OEM Re-branded models (similar to the Marv Golden) for about $160-170 with shipping included.

I already have a Lightspeed re-brand extra headset. It's...OK.

If I even do get another one, I think I'd like to focus a little more on how solid vs cheap it feels, rather than strictly on price. Since I've never tried Sigtronics, I was just wondering about their reputation.

It's starting to sound like they are OK, not great, and there may be better and cheaper alternatives.

I have no complaints about my Sigtronics.

The club has a couple of sigtronics for loan.

Sound quality is barely acceptable, and they are as comfortable as a bench clamp. Attenuation is not bad.

You use them if you have no other choice.

What you want are the Bose

:)

Well...yeah.

I get their postcards in the mail all the time and leave them on the counter - but my wife never gets the hint!!

I complain about them everytime those cards show up, if my wife bought them for me I would return them and get another set of Halo's....

Well...yeah.

I get their postcards in the mail all the time and leave them on the counter - but my wife never gets the hint!!

Borrow one and take the wife flying. Intentionally leave the ANR feature off.

Then at the appropriate point, reach over and turn it on. Watch the eyes as her brain registers the silence. If they go big and wide with an "OH, COOOOL!" expression, you're getting your wish.

Borrow one and take the wife flying. Intentionally leave the ANR feature off.

Then at the appropriate point, reach over and turn it on. Watch the eyes as her brain registers the silence. If they go big and wide with an "OH, COOOOL!" expression, you're getting your wish.

Nahh - I'd get the "OH, COOOOL", followed by, "but not cool enough for that kind of $"

And speaking of Halos: I just don't like sticking things in my ears. Sometimes I need to use the expanding foam earplugs when I'm on the shop floor and really hate them. How do the Halos fit - more like ear buds or more like ear plugs?

And speaking of Halos: I just don't like sticking things in my ears. Sometimes I need to use the expanding foam earplugs when I'm on the shop floor and really hate them. How do the Halos fit - more like ear buds or more like ear plugs?

The Foam ones are like ear plugs, the sylicon ones are more like ear buds... They come with 4-5 different ones and you have to try them out to see what is most comfortable with the best noise reduction....

You're welcome to try mine sometime.. I might even put on new plugs, or will just give you some of the sizes that I dont' use.

The Foam ones are like ear plugs, the sylicon ones are more like ear buds... They come with 4-5 different ones and you have to try them out to see what is most comfortable with the best noise reduction....

You're welcome to try mine sometime.. I might even put on new plugs, or will just give you some of the sizes that I dont' use.

Uhhh - please.

The foam ones get nasty, as they collect oil and such from your fingers...

I bought the S-58 as my first headset. No complaints. Clarity is good, and everyone could hear me just fine. Very comfortable to wear. My passengers use it now and haven't had any issues with it either.

Back