Signs

which one do you think s edited?

Id be willing to bet the sign used to say wet road or something totally different untill someone photoshoped it.
But funny anyhow.

Michael

Oh, could be. I thought the one without the extra text looked like it had been scrubbed a bit, but the one with the text also seems to look a bit off.

BillG said:
Oh, could be. I thought the one without the extra text looked like it had been scrubbed a bit, but the one with the text also seems to look a bit off.

BillG: I wish I had a photo of one of my favorite signs, but alas! You, being from Massachusetts, may remember it; Dr. Bruce once confirmed my description of same.

Prior to getting onto the old SouthEast Expressway leading out of Boston was a restaurant with a large sign which read, EAT HERE. And just beyond the restaurant was a filling station with an equally large sign, AND GET GAS. The combination of the two was a regional laugh-fest for many years.

HR

Hmm - I think I've heard that story before but I never saw it and didn't know it was around here.

At my office, we have two stairwells close together upstairs. They lead to two different places downstairs. Only one exits near the outside.

The other one has an engraved sign that says "This is Not an Exit".

For a long time, there was another engraved sign below it that said "This is Not a Sign".

My favorite was one I saw on a country lane in England, "Slow down for fox sake!"

I saw this one several years ago, as you cross over the Colorado river from Parker,Az
into CA there is a "Welcome to California" sign. Someone took the time to exactly
match the color and font and added "Now bend over". I wish I had taken a picture.

Micheal did you ever get to see that one?

greg

river_rat said:
I saw this one several years ago, as you cross over the Colorado river from Parker,Az
into CA there is a "Welcome to California" sign. Someone took the time to exactly
match the color and font and added "Now bend over". I wish I had taken a picture.

Micheal did you ever get to see that one?

greg
Never did see that one Greg, and i travel that bridge quite often. Seems like it could fit in alot of areas out here..the bridge to laughlin, the highway to vegas..etc.
we do have a church out here that has a sign on it, well, more like a billboard. It reads..."you think it's hot here......... - God"

Michael

The Devon exit of route 202 would take you to the Valley Forge Music Fair befor that very nice venue was demolised for a mini-mall. The new mall is a stones through from the 2nd largest mall in America (largest if you consider just retail space). I want to a number of great concerts and plays where performers entertained from a rotating circular stage...but I digress...the sign for the Devon exit of route 202 was altered with green paint so as to hide the "n" when a particular band first played the Valley Forge Music Fair. Even though I drive past the sign everyday I'm not sure if the sign remains in its altered state.

Len

Well we have the sign on Route 53 that says:

EAST NORTHWEST HIGHWAY.

Some more goodies (some doctored, some not...)

Back