Sign the petition

Thank You for the link, task completed...

Done, including sending letters to my 3 reps!

Done and posted it to my facebook page. More need to spread the word. Put this on your facebook page and explain it to all the non aviation folks. If one signs it, it was worth the time.

Tony

Done, and sent the emails. I'm not sure this particular bill has much chance of success, but it's good for them to know there's support.

Did, and got canned responses from my reps, except the one who is a co-sponsor.

Did, and got canned responses from my reps, except the one who is a co-sponsor.

I can't fault canned responses from canned petitions ;)

They still get acknowledged and recorded so they know we signed them and they are read. I've actually received a few in-depth responses now and then from letters, which is always appreciated but never expected.

EAAers Send 28,000 Messages to Congress

March 20, 2014 - Since last week's activation of EAA's Rally Congress website, more than 9,200 EAA members have sent nearly 28,000 messages to their elected representatives urging their support of House Bill HR3708 and Senate Bill S2103 - the General Aviation Protection Act.

Co-sponsorship of the House bill has grown from 52 to 64 members, while the Senate version has two co-sponsors. This bipartisan legislation is considered crucial to widening the pool of recreational pilots who can enjoy flying their small aircraft without the expense and regulatory burden of third-class medical certification. And EAA's Rally Congress website makes it easy to contact your elected officials to urge their support.

"The tremendous response from the EAA membership sends a clear message," said Sean Elliott, EAA vice president of advocacy and safety. "Aeromedical reform has long been a top priority for GA and the participation in this campaign reinforces how important it is to EAA members. EAA is working hard to effect meaningful change and will not stop until we do."

The proposed legislation would allow pilots to use a valid state driver's license in place of the traditional medical certificate if the flights are:

Not for compensation
Conducted in VFR operations only, at or below 14,000 feet MSL
No faster than 250 knots
In aircraft with no more than six seats and no more than 6,000 pounds gross takeoff weight.
If you haven't done so already, please take a few moments and Rally Congress to support the General Aviation Protection Act!

---------------------------

Got a canned response from useless Rep. thanking me for writing a letter in opposition to the President's budget that included user fees. I'm going to call his office tomorrow and point out that it would be helpful if his employees had a modicum of reading comprehension skills.

While I started with the "canned" EAA letter, I did change it around a good bit, so it didn't look just like all the others.

Jeff

Wonder why AOPA doesn't have a similar movement going on. All I could find on their website just now is a couple of articles. But there was no call to action or sample letters, etc.

Done with emails. Interesting thing, Ms Cantwell requires I provide a phone number if I want to send her an email. OK, you can have my landline # which I never answer. hehehe

Done...Kay H. needs to GO!!!

Back