Sightseeing in Seattle

uncreative

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Uncreative
Flying to KBFI in a week and if the wx is nice, will likely do a sightseeing flight. Will probably depart to the north from BFI and fly around Seattle under the Bravo. Any locals have wisdom to impart?

Thanks!

Flying to KBFI in a week and if the wx is nice, will likely do a sightseeing flight. Will probably depart to the north from BFI and fly around Seattle under the Bravo. Any locals have wisdom to impart?

Thanks!

Things to see... Mt St. Hellens
Best restaurant Port Townsend
Concrete fly in should be around that time.

Is North around the San Juan Islands, and more of Puget Sound to far?

I flew a circle around Mount Baker a couple of weeks ago, and the scenery was spectacular!

Can you fly in and tour the Boeing factory? Even if not it is a must do in Seattle.

Copalis beach (S16), if you've never landed on a beach before, it's safe in nearly any GA plane.

Check out Harvey S43, nice little steak house and bar on the field, cool little town, busy DZ if you want to jump, grass runway and paved complete with a RNAV, no prison fences, what a airfield should be.

As was said earlier JefCo in Port Townsend is nice, good place for pie, though beware the hippies in PT ;)

San Juan's are fun, Lopez (S31) is a fun runway,

I wouldn't bother landing at Friday harbor, look into Roache Harbor on the island WA09, much more fun, short walk to the marina with food

Another place to stop and eat is the airport café at Bremerton (PWT). Tie down right in front. I swear my worst landings are on that long runway as I know that everyone at the café is grading the landing. The fish and chips are great. Don't worry about the tie down fee, I'm told by airport officials that it only applies for overnight tie downs (of course, after I had paid one day).

I hope the smoke from the fires in BC clears out before you come. Normally I can see Mt. Rainier from my house. Distance is 55 miles. No way today. And, to the north is Gold Mountain, near PWT. About 35 miles from the house. No way today. This smoke has really cut down on the visibility.

Back