Sigh. Police investigate suicide in Spotsylvania plane crash

I am sorry I didn't know that it was your business to discuss how people die. Ever heard of privacy, you guys are just as bad as the Media... Let the man rest in peace and stop talking about a horrible thing that happened. Its called RESPECT.

This is Lessons Learned, and when an accident happens it's important for us to learn what we can from it.

Last edited:
Hello,

This is Edwin's fiance. Some of you guys are really cruel to be saying the things you are saying. If you knew him maybe you would know that he was a better pilot than all of you. Don't you ever think about someone elses feelings like the people who have to read this stuff. I hope none of your family members pass away and you have to read things that tarnish their names. So to clear the record. People who commit suicide if that is in fact what he did are brokenhearted individuals. God has a soft spot for people who are broken hearted. It pains me to read things like this because he was the nicest human being alive and a wonderful pilot. He had his pilot license for two years and was an amazing pilot just ask all the flight instructors he flew with. I really hope that this has helped you to understand that just because people make mistakes doesn't mean that they are bad people because he is not, he was a wonderful fiance, man, hard-worker and excellent pilot. People need to let Eddie rest in peace and shut their mouths because the last time I checked we are all sinners and will you be the first one to throw stones ?

Okay, I'll bite... if your post is not legit, that's fine... I'll just put this out for whoever is interested.

I know what you are feeling; people very close to me have killed themselves. It's not an easy thing to contend with, and it's nearly impossible to understand what goes through the mind of someone on the verge of suicide. I don't know how God feels about it, but I think it's a damn shame, and I pity those who have taken such measures.

But unless you're a pilot, it's hard to understand how our community reacts to news of something like this. Most pilots have a serious commitment to safety, and are concerned about the general public's awareness of that commitment.
It may not be reasonable to expect suicidal pilots to be more discreet in taking their own lives, but it is extremely painful to us to hear of an aircraft being used as an instrument of suicide, so we judge them accordingly. It is a betrayal of a sort of covenant; a sin. It's different from the kind of betrayal surviving friends and loved ones feel, but it is just as strong, and we are just as entitled to feel it.
So ultimately, however learned and skilled a pilot may be, if they willfully crash an aircraft, it diminishes their standing as "good" pilots in the eyes of those who tell themselves they could never do such a thing. Bad person? Probably not. Bad pilot? Sorry, but my answer is "yes".

Do yourself a favor: don't romanticize suicide. Remember what you knew was true about this man, don't blame yourself, and move on. He's no more special than anyone else simply by virtue of being brokenhearted and taking his own life. If he's special to you for other reasons, hang onto those, and throw the rest away, because it will poison you. I have 35 years' experience thinking about this stuff, so heed my words.

Hello,

This is Edwin's fiance. Some of you guys are really cruel to be saying the things you are saying. If you knew him maybe you would know that he was a better pilot than all of you. Don't you ever think about someone elses feelings like the people who have to read this stuff. I hope none of your family members pass away and you have to read things that tarnish their names. So to clear the record. People who commit suicide if that is in fact what he did are brokenhearted individuals. God has a soft spot for people who are broken hearted. It pains me to read things like this because he was the nicest human being alive and a wonderful pilot. He had his pilot license for two years and was an amazing pilot just ask all the flight instructors he flew with. I really hope that this has helped you to understand that just because people make mistakes doesn't mean that they are bad people because he is not, he was a wonderful fiance, man, hard-worker and excellent pilot. People need to let Eddie rest in peace and shut their mouths because the last time I checked we are all sinners and will you be the first one to throw stones ?

Hmmm, sounds like a lot of guilt in your words. As his fiancé perhaps you can tell us what he was heartbroken about? Most men of his age commit suicide because some girl broke their heart, any possibility that was you?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back