Sig Images & Format

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I need to know a couple of things about the new and "improved" (???) forum program.

1. I have my "PIC states" map on my computer as a .jpg download image. How can I use this image on my computer in my signature block. As I see it, I can only use a URL or some other online source. Can a simple image from my computer be used, and if not, does anybody have a favorite free upload site that I can use to create an online URL?

2. How do I "flip" the thread so that the LATEST post is at the top and not at the bottom?

Just FYI, I'm sure that the board host(s) had a good reason for changing the board program, but I for one find this one much harder to use and not nearly as user-friendly as the old program. But thanks to the host(s) for all their good work keeping this board alive.

VisitedStatesMap.jpg (This is the uploaded file image that I can't put into my sig file.)

Thanks,

Jim

I also have a sig problem, so I'll tack it onto this thread because it is probably germane.

With the new software my sigdisappeared. When I go to the sig page in my profile the sig is blank. So I paste the bitmap into the sig box and hit "Save" I get: "The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it."

I got the same message here when I had my sig pasted into this post.

So maybe there is a size limit in bitmaps? Or ?? But if there is a size limit, I'd like to know what it is. I don't want to waste a lot of time trimming here and there in hopes that one of the trims will end up under the limit.

Or is this a bug, not a feature?

I can't give you a technical answer, but I know that, at this point, your signature image needs to be linked from another site, such as a photo sharing site. You use the image icon (mountains with sun) to link to it.

I just linked my states map from another forum I'm on. I guess I could have linked it from my blog too.

For now just upload it to imgur.com. This hasn't hit the top of my list yet. Sorry.

Back