13623 W WASHINGTON 1925 W WASHINGTON GREENVILLE MI
13202 GULL RD & SPRINKLE 5625 GULL RD KALAMAZOO MI
13955 GRAND RIVER & SAGINAW 3201 E GRAND RIVER LANSING MI
2614 EASTWOOD TOWNE CENTER 2941 PREYDE BLVD LANSING TOWNSHIP MI
13691 LUDINGTON 4551 W US HWY 10 LUDINGTON MI
14140 TWELVE OAKS MALL 27500 NOVI RD NOVI MI
10831 MERIDIAN MALL 1982 GRAND RIVER AVE OKEMOS MI
2251 DOWNTOWN ROCHESTER 439 MAIN ST ROCHESTER MI
I don't see Sidnaw listed. Does that mean their Starbucks will stay open?

We can still get our morning Cafe' Latte's RIGHT???

:D:D:D

Quickly they rise... immediately, they fall.

It cost more for a gallon of gas than a pint of coffee. Who would have thunk it?

Quickly they rise... immediately, they fall.

It cost more for a gallon of gas than a pint of coffee. Who would have thunk it?

Don't despair. It still costs twice as much for a gallon of bottled water* than a gallon of gasoline.

* in 12-20oz bottles in a convenience store it's $1.29 - $1.39...in IL with a .25 tax, .25 more tax in Chicago.

It's OK Scott, the Starbucks closest to 6Y9 isn't on the closure list...

...It is in Marquette, MI and is 64.9nm from Sidnaw.

As I said last year - I knew I liked Sidnaw for a reason. :D :yes:

We can still get our morning Cafe' Latte's RIGHT???
:D:D:D

Lattes, aren't those what you make trellises out of? Why would they sell wood slats at a Cafe? It's probably cheaper to get them at Menards.:dunno: :)D)

Barb

Am I the only citizen who's never been into a Starbucks location? In Maine "they"'re closing two and one in New Hampster. I was in the nearest Target* today and right there to left of the main entrance is a Starbucks operation. They just flat-out over-expanded.

The beer I don't have to have; the smokes I don't have to have; and those $4.00 coffee habits I've not sampled -- over the years amounted to a lot of unspent money. The airplane, however, manages to absorb it.

HR

Am I the only citizen who's never been into a Starbucks location? In Maine "they"'re closing two and one in New Hampster. I was in the nearest Target* today and right there to left of the main entrance is a Starbucks operation. They just flat-out over-expanded.

The beer I don't have to have; the smokes I don't have to have; and those $4.00 coffee habits I've not sampled -- over the years amounted to a lot of unspent money. The airplane, however, manages to absorb it.

HR

I have never been to a Starbuck's.

And Scott, the coffee in Sidnaw this year will probably be made over a campfire.

I flew into charlotte, NC a few weeks ago and around every corner of the terminal was a Starbucks. Apparently passengers and pilots are incapable of staying awake! Although I don't like coffee I have to admit that their mint hot chocolate is really good.

Add me to the list of those that have never purchased anything for Starbucks. I did do some freelance work for them on proposed site locations however.

Add me to the list of those that have never purchased anything for Starbucks. I did do some freelance work for them on proposed site locations however.

Only time I ever buy from Starbucks is when I go to the VA for my thousand-mile check-ups. Only coffee available without going to the VA cafeteria, which feels like it's somewhere up around New York by the time you walk there. $5 for a cup of fancy-schmancy coffee is not my idea of a good thing. Even at the VA I only buy the $1.65 cup.

Okay, I admit it. I sometimes go to Starbucks for COFFEE. Not of this latte stuff; just good, honest, (expensive!) coffee. I'd do Dunkin' Donuts if there was one on my way to work.

Okay, I admit it. I sometimes go to Starbucks for COFFEE. Not of this latte stuff; just good, honest, (expensive!) coffee. I'd do Dunkin' Donuts if there was one on my way to work.
I was reading an evaluation recently that placed Dunkin' Donuts' coffee well above Starbucks, particularly with beans you can buy in the store for home brewing.

I was reading an evaluation recently that placed Dunkin' Donuts' coffee well above Starbucks, particularly with beans you can buy in the store for home brewing.
Yes, my comment was not intended pejoratively at all! Problem with my brewing my own coffee is that it would lead to my drinking the entire pot myself!:hairraise:

I have never been to a Starbuck's.
But you've been to the Harley house, as has One Short and CarolT. And who shall be the next flyer to use the ready and waiting guest room? All I need is a day's prior notice so I can pick you up; and KIWI Wiscasset is only 12.5sm from the house.
Suggestion is to wait a couple weeks from now when the traditional New England stone wall should be finished. Other than the customary hangar sofa photo at Wiscasset the sunning-on-the-stone wall photo shall now become protocol.

HR

Horsehockey. They must have surveyed people standing in line at Jerry Springer.

I ran out of coffee last week and when I remembered while driving home at like midnight I got a bag at Dunkin Donuts drive through. I held my nose and got through two pots before I got some real coffee. It's vile. It does make, BTW, exactly the same vile stuff DD serves.

I remember going to Dunkin Donuts in my youth and when I worked in field and we would go for coffee all of the time. That was before I learned what coffee is supposed to taste like. My mom used to use a percolator, too. :hairraise:

About any bagged whole bean coffee in the supermarket is better.

I'll get a bag of Starbucks Gold Coast or some other dark blend of a brand like Papa Nicholas. The best I've ever had is Intelligentsia from Chicago and I'm reminded now I should order some by mail.

Last edited:
LOL, not so much. Here's the story if interested:

During the 80's I worked nights running batch files to the main frame. One of the brass that left at about 7:00 drank a coffee/chicory blend and I got hooked on the flavor after he left a pot cooking one night. Never mind the fact I didn't have much disposable income to buy a coke.:redface: I had a hard time finding a decaffeinated (haven't had caffeine in about 3 years) until I came across the cajun grocer web site. I now order all types of food stuffs from them and have never been disappointed. So, I guess you can say my taste in coffee was due to lack of funds.:yes:

OK, I'll stick my neck out and defend Starbucks. Not the "barista culture." Not the double decaf mocha lattes (I don't really know what that means). Certainly not all the body piercings and art that seem to go with working there.

Let me defend the coffee. There was a time, not so long ago, when a pot of Maxwell House left on an open burner for 2hrs was what passed for a typical cuppa joe in this country. Ugh. Starbucks changed that, and brought good coffee to the masses. Now you don't even have to go into a Starbucks to get good coffee, you can get plenty of good blends in your grocery store. No more Folgers or Maxwell House.

When the first Starbucks opened in Bethesda MD (I think it was around 1996 or 97) I bought myself a bag of Kenya AA, went home, brewed up a 12 cup pot and drank it for dessert. Slept like a baby. Life was never the same. No more rancid "office coffee service" coffee for me.

No, I say we owe a debt of gratitude to Starbucks, just as we do to the microbrewers of America who decided that America needed a beer that tasted like beer, not beechwood-aged rice water.

God bless America!!!!!!!

Back