Sidnaw lunch resturant

Bill's Grill is open for business. I'm not sure what their hours of operation are. We had lunch there last Saturday, and breakfast Monday morning. It was actually hard to find an available table Monday morning. The food was good.

If you go, keep us updated. If my 40 hours are flown off, I could try to meet you for lunch on Saturday.

Tim

What is the status of the restaurant? I am thinking of flying up for lunch on the 25th or 26th of this month (June2010).

I think my mom will be up there that weekend.

Ed, Brad, or Diz,
Did Bill take over the space occupied by Trail's End or Mom's? We were talking about it, but couldn't remember.

Mom' is now Bill's. The Trails End burned down, and is not going to be rebuilt.

Scott,Tim, anybody else wanting to fly up this weekend.
If you make it,give me a report on the runway as I rolled it twice a week ago. ( Sorry I can't roll out the "Sidnaw Hump")
I wasn't able to try it out as I left the plane there and drove home because of bad weather (500-800ft ceilings)
Diz and I will both be there 24-27th.
Tim we're looking forward to seeing that Sonex !
See you both (all)there if you can make it:thumbsup:.

Lunch was good where were you guy's:dunno:????
Weather was not good, probably best you didn't try it.

I was bummed that the WX was not good enough to try to get in there. I am going to try again on 4 July weekend. I was able to work ahead on some homework this weekend and if I can do that again this coming Saturday I should be good to go for a visit on Sunday.

Wx was terrible for me on saturday. Ceilings were low, and when they did lift a little, it was pretty durn murky.

Tim

You mean they haven't gotten a Cat II ILS installed yet? In Canada even the gravel strips have GPS approaches. ;)

As I mentioned, Saturday was a no-go for me because of a conflict. When I woke on Sunday, it was to thunderstorms bearing down on me, so I just turned over and went back to bed.

Brad/Ed/Diz, you going to be up there over the 4th?

Diz is already there, Brad will be up there Wednesday or Thursday, I willl probably head up Friday.

Scott, Grant
It was great seeing you and your brides at 6Y9 over the 4th.
Scott ,when you left you seemed a little low, did you have that lift your feet feeling when going over the tree's? It was a little warm out and a direct crosswind.
Hope you had good travels back.

Scott, Grant
It was great seeing you and your brides at 6Y9 over the 4th.
Scott ,when you left you seemed a little low, did you have that lift your feet feeling when going over the tree's? It was a little warm out and a direct crosswind.
Hope you had good travels back.
Yeah that was the longest take off roll I have ever had out of there. I was about 5 seconds from aborting the take off. The DA and wind were really conspiring against me. When I passed the power pole by the school, I was only slightly higher than the orange ball.

Now you can remove that "awaiting PIREP" notice on the website next to the Bill's Grill entry. :)

I guess I'm going to have to get the dozer going again and my chain saw out or you're going to have to get 20 more HP:ihih:.
That was way different than your T.O. at the Fly-In, usually you go out like a 182. Although when Grant went out he was also lower than normal.

I guess I'm going to have to get the dozer going again and my chain saw out or you're going to have to get 20 more HP:ihih:.
That was way different than your T.O. at the Fly-In, usually you go out like a 182. Although when Grant went out he was also lower than normal.
Yet I didn't feel at all low. In fact, I was feeling really buoyed by a wonderful day with my friends in the UP! :)

It was really great having all of you stop by, glad you could make it up(and back:wink2:) safely.

Back