Side effect from meeting folks from the board

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Am I the only one? I just read a post made by Greg B. and I swear I could hear him reading it in my head. I've noticed this happens whenever I read a post made by someone I've met. Do I need help?

You mean with that slightly ironic tone of his? Yeah, I get that too. Maybe we both need help! :)

I agree, when you meet people then go back and read their posts you can pick up subtleties that were never [aren't] there.

Joe

Naw, Chip, it's inevitable.

But it *is* an especially potent effect with Greg, and his measured, dry delivery.

All part of the charm!

Side effect from meeting people on the board: I show up at Gastons wearing the exact same ball cap YOU were wearing!!!! Gosh, how in the world did that happen???????

Side effect from meeting people on the board: I show up at Gastons wearing the exact same ball cap YOU were wearing!!!! Gosh, how in the world did that happen???????

W'll we're glad your're not female Ken, or you would have locked yourself in the cabin for the weekend lamenting on how you couldn't be seen at the same function wearing the same hat as Chip! :rofl:

Join POA we'll have you hearing voices in your head in no time. :D :D :D

It does make it much more fun when there's a face and a voice to associate with the text.

Aww shucks, guys. But it pretty much proves I am the same in person as I am on the board.

I see it in Greg's posts, but I gotta say, Spike's posts really make me imagine it as well, since he's got such a strong and unique voice/accent combo!

I see it in Greg's posts, but I gotta say, Spike's posts really make me imagine it as well, since he's got such a strong and unique voice/accent combo!

Actually, Nick, the deal is really this:

1. I talk while I type;
2. I talk really loudly;
3. You are actually hearing me, from Arizona.

It's not in your head. I'm just really loud.

Lance? Was that you?

I'm in a meeting, for crying out loud. Come back later...

What's kinda funny is finding out that some people have accents. Like Toby. I was really surprised the first time I talked to her on the phone! Then I needed to insert her accent every time I read something she wrote. At least I don't have an accent. Except for the word 'wash'. It's really pronounced 'worsh', in Barton County, Missouraaaaah, anyway.

yes, the best part about the first gastons trip was putting voices and especially personalities to everybodies names.

What's kinda funny is finding out that some people have accents. Like Toby. I was really surprised the first time I talked to her on the phone! Then I needed to insert her accent every time I read something she wrote. At least I don't have an accent. Except for the word 'wash'. It's really pronounced 'worsh', in Barton County, Missouraaaaah, anyway.

Gosh, I miss Toby.

Barton County is your county????

Would you believe I was born and raised in Barton County, Kaaansaassss.

I was goin' to work tomorrow....
But the voices in my head say "stay home and clean the guns...."

:D :D :D :D

Jus' kiddin!

Side effect???

I thought that was a DIRECT and INTENDED effect!

(in a falsetto voice): "I just like the pictures...."

Back