Sick

Tomahawk674

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk674
So I had been trying to go flying for about 3 weeks, but every weekend my plans got delayed. One weekend there were no CFIs to be found, and the next 2 weekends the WX was pathetic.

This weekend WX seemed great, I had my CFI and plane scheduled, all seemed ok. I was going to rent a warrior to take my sister along in the back seat. Unfortunatly, my sister's 1 year old baby got sick with gastroenteritis and had to be taken to the hospital on Friday, where he stayed until sunday night. Coincidentially, I started feeling some light stomach pains on Friday night; there was a virus going around town giving strong digestive problems.

Saturday morning, knowing the baby was going to be fine, I still wanted to go on my flight. My stomach was feeling worse, and I was feeling lightly nauseous, but heck no I wasn't going to cancel. I had the warrior scheduled, and decided to fill the back seat with my dad.

Off we went for a great flight. It was extremely cold, 15F on the ground. I was flying with my coat and gloves on. Winds were almost caml and the airplane performed great in the frigid air. The DG didn't seem to be working at first but after some minutes it became alive. I'm guessing it was the cold.

We did a somewhat scenic flight, I flew over my university campus for the first time, and later went to check out some windmill power generators outside of town. After the sight-seeing was done, we went to practice doing slips.

We then headed back and after calling Ground thinking it was tower several times (neither CFI or I could work the new radios) I finished my flight with a very nice landing, or so the CFI said :D my hands were hurting from the cold though, even with my gloves on, which by the way made operating small buttons a lot of fun.

After that very pleasant flight I got back home and crawled into bed, feeling worse by the minute. There I stayed from 2 days, interrupted of course by going to the bathroom every 3 or so hours, vomiting everything I had in my stomach, etc. I weighed myself today and I've lost 6 pounds of fluids. Nice.

At least I got to go up on this weekend :yes:

I later found out my dad was scared during takeoff and landing (uneventful as they were) even though he served in the military and rode in C130s often. Wuss...

Sorry to hear you were sick... at least you got to dream of flying!

Baby's all better now, I presume?

dream of flying? ummm, I did go flying, like I posted. It was right after I returned that the virus got a full hold on me.

Yeah, the baby's back home now and is doing much better.

Hope you feel better Jav! glad you had a fun flight anyways

Hey My Ch. Six is over there at STJ I am doing my IR training out of there may be you can ride along sometime. Let me know when you are available.
I will be going to Denver Wed. WX????. And Tulsa This week end. May be you ride along if you can get away.

Jon

Cool, thanks for the offer.

Not sure about weekdays, but weekends seem likely. PM or I'll PM you about this coming weekend.

Back