SI renewal times

Chris Charanza

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
Quick question for the group. Does anyone have any recent experience on getting their renewal for their SI? My current one expires on the 31st and I have to get my CPAP status recertification sent in and the doctor will not be in the office until Monday of next week. Are they quicker about reviewing the documents you send them on an SI renewal than they are on the initial issuance? I only have to provide my OSA recertification and clinical progress note from my doctor about a past anxiety diagnosis (nothing changed since my initial issuance there) and am hoping that I won't be in limbo. I'm working on my solo time right now for my PPL

This is the annual renewal?

Easiest thing is to go to an AME, pay for the time, and walk out with a renewed medical. Bring in the paperwork that you would otherwise mail to FAA.

edit: I didn’t see the part of your post mentioning anxiety, just the OSA. So you might disregard what I posted.

This is the annual renewal?

Easiest thing is to go to an AME, pay for the time, and walk out with a renewed medical. Bring in the paperwork that you would otherwise mail to FAA.

edit: I didn’t see the part of your post mentioning anxiety, just the OSA. So you might disregard what I posted.

Yeah I wish it were that simple for me but the conditions of my SI are for both OSA & Anxiety. Oddly enough the stuff for the anxiety is less than for the OSA. Per my letter the only thing an AME can issue on in office is my blood pressure (it was a little high at my last exam but i'm on an approved medication and it's within range) I mean I really would like to get it back before the SI expires but it's not the end of the world because I still have some checkride prep to do dual anyway. Just wish they would've let me send in the requested paperwork sooner. They literally told me to wait until March to get the information together so hopefully they'll review it quickly and send me a new medical certificate.

The letter you got with your SI should tell you what you have to do to renew. If you don't have any untoward changes, you submit what they ask for but the AME will renew you on the spot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back