SI renewal time: Getting better?

Handsfield

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Hunter Handsfield
Having gone through the SI process (cardiac) for 8 years, I have seen approval take virtually the entire 3 months in the late 1990s, improve to ~4 weeks ~2001, then back up to notification exactly at deadline in 2003 and 2004, and then only with last minute phone calls and a "wire" (fax) June 1, i.e. 12 hr beyond deadline.

This year's approval arrived in today's mail, dated May 9, almost exactly 8 weeks since my package went and 3 weeks ahead of deadline. I hope things are equally timely for others.

Regards-- Hunter

My annual SI renewal, an easy one for sleep apnea, appeared in a blistering 7 days from when my doc sent in the paperwork to the RFS.

Handsfield said:
Having gone through the SI process (cardiac) for 8 years, I have seen approval take virtually the entire 3 months in the late 1990s, improve to ~4 weeks ~2001, then back up to notification exactly at deadline in 2003 and 2004, and then only with last minute phone calls and a "wire" (fax) June 1, i.e. 12 hr beyond deadline.

This year's approval arrived in today's mail, dated May 9, almost exactly 8 weeks since my package went and 3 weeks ahead of deadline. I hope things are equally timely for others.

Regards-- Hunter
Well, what they've done is to change how they handle several categories of re-issuances. If the required reassessment contains the needed language it hardly sees the light of the docs- the lay agorithm screeners do it and it gets stamped.

But the backlog is still generally, terrible. I'll use my RFS for a simple workaround, but most of my stuff is too complicated for for my RFS office, which is swamped. I need the OKC docs, usually.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back