SI Process

Deeno

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Deeno
So I already applied for my medical(I know big mistake) and more information was requested. This is in regards to antidepressants taken 15 years ago. I am unable to provide the information (medical records were destroyed) therefore I feel I am headed for HIMS. If I am able to complete and pass this lengthy process for a special issuance will I always require special issuance or is Basic med my only option after SI. This is such a confusing process! Thanks!

So I already applied for my medical(I know big mistake) and more information was requested. This is in regards to antidepressants taken 15 years ago. I am unable to provide the information (medical records were destroyed) therefore I feel I am headed for HIMS. If I am able to complete and pass this lengthy process for a special issuance will I always require special issuance or is Basic med my only option after SI. This is such a confusing process! Thanks!
No, it won't but what you need is:
"No records currently exist" from where you requested records;
10 year pharmacy serach from the vendor. That is a "write away for and obtain".
Visit to a forensic psychiatrist for a full Psychiatry history and assessment
That should do it. No HIMS, however the forensic psychiatrist is going to want a pretty good fee. Whya? If he sez "hey this guy's okay" and you go out and crash into the spouse's house....guess who's "On the dock"?

Last edited:
No, it won't but what you need is:
"No records currently exist" from where you requested records;
10 year pharmacy serach from tne vendor. That is a "write away for and obtain".
Visit to a forensic psychiatrist for a full Psychiatry history and assessment
That should do it. No HIMS, however the forensic psychiatrist is going to want a pretty good fee. Whya? If he sez "hey this guy's okay" and yo go out and crash into the spouse's house....guess who's "On the dock"?
Thank you for the specifics! I have already requested the pharmacy search and will work on finding a forensic psychiatrist. I already expect the fee to be high.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back