SI Medical with Staff Physician

Al1606

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Al1606
Good Evening Everyone,

The RFS's office told me today that my medical is with the staff physician in OKC for review. MED Express still shows it at the transmit level.
The RFS's off stated that the deciding physician has had it since November 15th in their Que.
MY SI application is for alcohol. My HIMS AME, HIMS psychiatrist, and HIMS neuropsychologist gave me Abuse vs. dependency diagnosis.
My question is:

1. Does the FAA take their diagnosis into consideration.
2. What is the typical decision time from now.

Thanks in advance .

(1) it will depend on the EXACT WORDING of the HIMS psychiatrist.
(2) Does the HIMS psychiatrist FAIL to give the agency the diagnosis of dependency, or does he say meets stds for abuse but "questionably for dependency, part 67"?
(3) It will also depend on if the HIMS AME's essay affects the "equivocation".

All things being equal if NONE of the professionals "rule it out" the agnecy will decide you have dependency and it's
"to rehab"....90 AA's in 90 days, group aftercare, reassessment after 6 months of proven sobriety, and reapplication.

If you're "that close" to the line I geneally ask candidates in the interest of shortening time to approval I say (early on as in 5 months ago),
"Start peeing in the cup"
"get to rehab"
"start the program"
...and you'd be applyhing successfully in ~6 months

Refusing to admit, "I've goa a problem here" i sthe #1 cause of prolonged pilot downings, to the long term detriment of your career and pocketbook. I mean we're talking a 15 Mil career, here.

B

(1) it will depend on the EXACT WORDING of the HIMS psychiatrist.
(2) Does the HIMS psychiatrist FAIL to give the agency the diagnosis of dependency, or does he say meets stds for abuse but "questionably for dependency, part 67"?
(3) It will also depend on if the HIMS AME's essay affects the "equivocation".

All things being equal if NONE of the professionals "rule it out" the agnecy will decide you have dependency and it's
"to rehab"....90 AA's in 90 days, group aftercare, reassessment after 6 months of proven sobriety, and reapplication.

If you're "that close" to the line I geneally ask candidates in the interest of shortening time to approval I say (early on as in 5 months ago),
"Start peeing in the cup"
"get to rehab"
"start the program"
...and you'd be applyhing successfully in ~6 months

Refusing to admit, "I've goa a problem here" i sthe #1 cause of prolonged pilot downings, to the long term detriment of your career and pocketbook. I mean we're talking a 15 Mil career, here.

B
Thank you for the response.
The HIMS psychiatrist, HIMS AME, and the HIMS neuropsychologist all reference part 67 as abuse. Clearly defined as abuse.
I have done all the above in anticipation of an SI.
Did IOP as requested by the FAA.
Did 1 year of monitoring with HIMS AME.
Did 10 panel drug screening.
Did Aftercare.
Did Continued Aftercare.
Did a very favorable COG screening to ATP standards.
Did over 200 AA meetings in 12 months.
Did a new 3rd class application with HIMS.
It has now been almost 3 months since the FAA has had the file.

Just curious, all things said above, does the FAA typically follow the abuse recommendations by the three doctors?
What's the wait time from this point.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Hate to confirm your suspicions, but full up HIMS takes now, a yeare.
Abuse only, is taking 200+ odd days....
:(.

B

Hate to confirm your suspicions, but full up HIMS takes now, a yeare.
Abuse only, is taking 200+ odd days....
:(.

B
Thank you and I understand. When does that clock start ticking? I have had multiple correspondences and my HIMS AME said that they now have had the final package since November 15th. I start monitoring 11 months ago.

Thanks.

Back