SI letter question

U

Unregistered

Hi all

I got a one year SI last August, for a 3rd class. I am over 40.

The letter includes 2 separate bold type statements. The first reads "This Authorization expires: August 31, 2011."

Later it says "Your next third-class application will be due in August 2012."

I was under the impression that I need to see my AME this August with my required documentation of meds and stuff so I can just get a regular medical and put the SI to rest. Or can it wait till 2012?

First what is the SI for?

Next, likely the condition is something that Aeromedical wants an annual "check up" for. I have that on my SI for Diabetes Type II, Medication controlled.

Like others over 40, I am on the "2-year plan" for certificate issuance. But on the "in-between" years, I am required to see my personal doctor to get a new blood workup, standard physical, and a status letter saying all the things that OKC wants to be clear continue to be clear. I take this (and any other items on the SPECIFICATIONS PAGE) to the AME who does his due diligence, then blesses me with another year of flying.

Could this be the answer to your question?

Like AggieMike88 said: Depends on your SI. If it is an annual SI, then you see the AME annually, that's why it said 8/11, and get it renewed for another year. But, you do NOT get the full class-III medical because that's only required every 2 years. Then, on the 2 year schedule (8/12), you'll see the AME and get you class-III medical and the SI renewed again.

The letter will have all the details.

OP

It's an SI for one episode of syncope. Got a one year SI, so I have to bring all the stuff listed in my SI letter (letter from treating doc, recent BP readings, list of meds) when I go to the AME in August.

Everything is perfect, no repeats, no complications, no nothing. I bring everything in to AME and then what happens? What does he issue me between this August and next August, when the 3rd class would have expired?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back