Shrinking Pics for Avatars?

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Okay, time to go to Chapter 3 of "IT for Dummies"....Ive saved a picture in lower quality so its only 83kb but it keeps telling me my pixels are greater than 100x100. How do I set the pixels?

Barry

bstratt said:
Okay, time to go to Chapter 3 of "IT for Dummies"....Ive saved a picture in lower quality so its only 83kb but it keeps telling me my pixels are greater than 100x100. How do I set the pixels?

Barry
What program are you using for photo manipulation?

Pixel size refers to the height and width of the picture in pixels - which is the smallest unit of measurement used for determining height and width in computing.

If you have a graphic editing tool, it hopefully has an option to "resize" your image. If not, and if you are using IE and XP, Microsoft has a free utility:
Image Resizer Powertoy

Otherwise, you'll need to find a utility to allow you to resize images. Or, you can post the full sized image here as an attachment and ask for someone to resize it for you. Odds are that will happen very fast if you do. :)

Greebo said:
Or, you can post the full sized image here as an attachment and ask for someone to resize it for you. Odds are that will happen very fast if you do. :)
I wasn't sure how to resize my avatar picture either, so a very nice person did it for me. (Thanks Chuck!)

:)

Did it. Thanks.

Now all I have to do is get one of me and my plane together.

Barry

Back