Shout out . . .

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
Shout out to PHL approach control for great service. I was transitioning the class B southbound. My plan was to fly at 1200' MSL below the 1500' MSL ring. I gave them a call just to let them know where I was and they offered me 3500' through the class B along the west side of the city and over the top of KPHL. This was a surprise since the Luscombe doesn't have any installed electrical system and is neither transponder nor ADSB out equipped. It was a severe clear day and it was a beautiful flight. My pax enjoyed the view from higher altitude and the smoother air. Thanks PHL approach.

They are usually pretty good to work with, it's even better getting through without having to meet the ADSB out, inside the the mode C veil. ;)

Being as you had no transponder, they were probably glad to be talking to you to confirm your altitude. Otherwise you would have just been a primary blip on the screen with no altitude readout, and they would have to vector traffic around you anyway.

Being as you had no transponder, they were probably glad to be talking to you to confirm your altitude. Otherwise you would have just been a primary blip on the screen with no altitude readout, and they would have to vector traffic around you anyway.

Which of course, is why I called them up to tell them I was there.

Back