Shout-Out to theOhioAME

Jim Rosenow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rosenow
A close friend has been on a SI medical for a couple years now due to a minor affib issue...controlled by drugs. During the initial arm-wrestling with the FAA, Dr. Ray Steinhauser (theOhioAME.com), and a cardiologist at University Hospitals Cleveland were invaluable in getting the original SI in about 3 weeks from becoming aware of the issue. Those in the know understand that's a remarkable turn-around.

Fast-forward to last month... the SI requires a yearly Holter monitor, which detected some minor ventricular tachycardia. Med changes, a few days for them to take effect, a second Holter monitor, and an echo-cardiogram, all concerted and tailored by Dr Steinhauser to advice he was getting directly from the FAA folks, and another professional pilot is back in the air (yes, run-on sentence, English majors :).

We highly recommend Doc, as he actually cares about his pilots, and knows that for many of them, losing a medical is a life-changing experience.

Cool side note....he has an awesome sim in one of his offices. I actually got signed off for my complex/high performance a few years back using it. (Caveat....I had about 100 hours of 'dual' in our 182RG previously).

There certain are a lot of good people in this world!

Jim

Last edited:
Thank you for alerting us that we have a really good AME in Dr. Steinhauser. From his "about me" page, it seems he really gets the concept of being an advocate for his airmen.

WHY CHOOSE DR. STEINHAUSER AS YOUR AME?

I am a pilot, former military flight surgeon, perform over 1,000 aviation medical examinations a year and personally perform your visual acuity, color vision screening, audiometric screening, and ECG to insure all testing is done appropriately with no operator error. Our on-line scheduling system allows you to quickly make or change appointment if necessary. For your convenience evening and weekend appointments are available. As a high volume AME I teleconference with the FAA flight surgeons several times a week regarding complex aviation medical issues and to expedite medicals when possible that might otherwise be deferred for 6 to 8 weeks awaiting an FAA decision. My job as your AME is to verify that you meet the FAA medical standards and to assist with certification issues related to any concurrent medical problems in the most efficient manner possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back