Shout-Out to BrightLine Flight Bags

SoCal 182 Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal 182 Driver
I have a new puppy. Puppies chew. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when I picked up my BrightLine flight bag, and saw two zipper pulls chewed. Fortunately, it was only a couple of zipper pulls, and not something bigger (and expensive)!

I reached out to BrightLine support to inquire about replacement pulls, and within a day got a reply from the Manager of Customer Service offering to send me replacements, free of charge. Not only are they sending the two that I need, but a couple of extras "just in case."

You just can't ask for better customer service than that. Bravo, BrightLine!

I don’t have their bags and haven’t really seen how they’d fit into my own flying, but I’m glad there are companies like that in business. Also, congratulations on your puppy. Mine is 7-1/2 and still causing the occasional mischief, but I wouldn’t trade her for anything, much less for the shoelaces, drywall, dog beds, and thousands upon thousands of facial tissues she has chewed up over the years.

I have a new puppy. Puppies chew. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when I picked up my BrightLine flight bag, and saw two zipper pulls chewed. Fortunately, it was only a couple of zipper pulls, and not something bigger (and expensive)!

I reached out to BrightLine support to inquire about replacement pulls, and within a day got a reply from the Manager of Customer Service offering to send me replacements, free of charge. Not only are they sending the two that I need, but a couple of extras "just in case."

You just can't ask for better customer service than that. Bravo, BrightLine!

Good to hear. I'm liking my BrightLine bag.

..... thousands upon thousands of facial tissues she has chewed up over the years.
Today he grabbed the toilet paper roll and before I could stop him, he had at least 10 feet of TP strewn across the house. Ya gotta love puppies!

Our dog hit 14 and can barely manage the stairs. What do people do, sleep on the couch for a year or two? I can carry her up and down but she hates it. I guess I’m turning this into the all dog comment thread. Sorry, the issue hit me tonight.

Literally, twenty minutes ago, our puppy (just over two years old, but he'll be my "puppy" even at ten years old) tore apart our bed sheets. No specific reason. I was gone working on the Comanche (I do an owner assisted annual) and he was excited to see me back and had to show it by tearing up the sheet. I wasn't mad for even a second, he has a free pass for almost anything (he can't eat the cat, that's pretty much his only hard limit). Dogs are amazing. I always say, dogs are the better humans and I truly mean that.
image_16867329 (3).JPG

Today he grabbed the toilet paper roll and before I could stop him, he had at least 10 feet of TP strewn across the house. Ya gotta love puppies!
So have ya told Charmin about this? A free roll of TP could come in handy come the next TP shortage. Turn the pooch loose on your car, maybe get some new leather seats. Etc, Etc

Our dog hit 14 and can barely manage the stairs. What do people do, sleep on the couch for a year or two? I can carry her up and down but she hates it. I guess I’m turning this into the all dog comment thread. Sorry, the issue hit me tonight.
Yes. I did. Slept on the couch for a year or two. It was rough. In hindsight, I should have put a small but comfy bed on the main floor. Couches are awful for night after night sleeping on.

How big is your dog? We recently lost our 60 lb Shepherd mix, and in the last year before he died, I had a full-body harness for him that allowed me to carry him upstairs like a suitcase. If your dog is small enough, perhaps this is an option? PM me if you need a link to the harness on Amazon.

It's rough, but it's our duty as responsible pet parents to keep their lives as comfortable as possible as long as they have a quality of life. Hang in there.

77 pounds but I’m guessing she will start shrinking soon.

Thanks for the suggestions, I hadn’t thought to put my daughter and a bed on the first floor. Just need to empty a room.

Literally, twenty minutes ago, our puppy (just over two years old, but he'll be my "puppy" even at ten years old) tore apart our bed sheets. No specific reason.
My Samoyed puppy is 7-1/2 years old, and I know the specific reason yours chewed your bed sheets. You left him alone for 10 seconds. Samoyeds are meant to be with their team/pack at all times. Seriously, how dare you? Glad to see him smiling in the back of the plane. (ETA: Any accusatory tone here was my dog's, not mine. I hope that was clear! :) )

1695229910090.jpeg

Last edited:
My Samoyed puppy is 7-1/2 years old, and I know the specific reason yours chewed your bed sheets. You left him alone for 10 seconds. Samoyeds are meant to be with their team/pack at all times. Seriously, how dare you? Glad to see him smiling in the back of the plane. (ETA: Any accusatory tone here was my dog's, not mine. I hope that was clear! :) )

View attachment 120775

All dogs are great dogs but Samoyeds are extra special. You know how it is yourself I'm sure, but going anywhere always draws attention. People want to pet him, kids want to play with him, I hear the words "beautiful dog" by strangers passing by like 10 times every day just walking him and he enjoys every second of it. The more attention, the better. Doesn't care about treats but would make the biggest fool out of himself if asked, just for a little more attention lol. And you're right, you can't leave Samoyeds even for ten seconds. My wife stayed home with him when I went to the hangar, but he obviously wants both of us around. Lesson learned, next time working on the plane will be a full family trip to the hangar haha.

Back