Shoulder harness Yes or No

I wouldn't fly without them anymore then I'd drive a car without them.

And yes, I do work in the emergency department, and do use every safety device available to me in any motorized conveyance, as I've spent too much time seeing the results of those who do otherwise.
/QUOTE]

Dude. We've told you before to stop driving around with the hazards on, constantly blowing the horn. Knock it off! ;)

The 'kota has inertia reels. Harnesses on for taxi, departure, and arrival. On long flights I'll release mine and snap it on the handy snap fixture on the overhead. It's easy to reach up and put it back on when I need it. I do find turbulence more tolerable with the harness off since it doesn't chaff my neck.
I'll just loosen the shoulder harness in cruise.

I wear them whenever I'm in aircraft that have them equipped. I have some students that hate them above anything else. They say that the belt rubs their neck. :rolleyes2:

I look at them and tell them to get over it.
Tell them to stop by the baby or childrens section of the local target/walmart. There's a fleece wrap that goes around the belt and fastens with velcro. Or make their own.

Tell them to stop by the baby or childrens section of the local target/walmart. There's a fleece wrap that goes around the belt and fastens with velcro. Or make their own.
I think that's a great idea. I don't have any problem with the shoulder straps rubbing when I wear a uniform because the shirt has a collar. I have noticed it in the sim or other occasions flying the airplane when I wear a collarless shirt.

I'll just loosen the shoulder harness in cruise.

One of the times I did that was the day I got bounced off the ceiling. Ha. Damn headset strap hurts when it's slammed into the roof.

It was only one freaking bump too. No other turbulence all day. I had loosened the lap belt slightly, too.

One of the times I did that was the day I got bounced off the ceiling. Ha. Damn headset strap hurts when it's slammed into the roof.

It was only one freaking bump too. No other turbulence all day. I had loosened the lap belt slightly, too.

Um yeah... The lap belt will do it.
Shoulder harness is to keep you from eating the panel.
No?

Um yeah... The lap belt will do it.
Shoulder harness is to keep you from eating the panel.
No?

Pretty much. All belts are designed to keep you from finding out firsthand how the ping pong balls feel in the lotto machine. ;)

And yes, I do work in the emergency department, and do use every safety device available to me in any motorized conveyance, as I've spent too much time seeing the results of those who do otherwise.
/QUOTE]

Dude. We've told you before to stop driving around with the hazards on, constantly blowing the horn. Knock it off! ;)

My ex-wife thought it was weird that I put on a wet suit and life vest to cross bridges too... :D

Back