Should I Refuse to Pay My FBO?

Re: Good News!

Finally heard back after multiple inquiries! They have agreed to withdraw the bill and will not charge me.

Now I just have to figure out what plane to buy...

Man Do I have a deal for You. :)

This story had a happy ending. For those who asked what they said...this was after hours. I contacted them after receiving the bill and waived the charges...which to me is obviously the right and only thing to do!

LA is big the Aviation Community is small should you get a reputation of trouble you might find you can't rent a plane anyplace in town. I have seen aircraft owners with bad reputations for paying for work done, word gets around fast and now he cant find anybody to work on his plane.

Forum etiquette gone wrong??

Let me see if I have this right,

OP gets an invoice from an FBO, cries foul and seeks guidance. Facts and fictions are tossed back and forth while an un-named FBO's reputation is dragged through the mill. Then low and behold, after 60 some-odd post, he reports back that he spoke to the FBO (which he should have done before asking the question) and the issue is resolved.

Then after many had wasted their time trying to help on the title subject, the OP changes the thread to a topic totally unrelated (buying an airplane).

Priceless!

Re: Forum etiquette gone wrong??

OP gets an invoice from an FBO, cries foul and seeks guidance. Facts and fictions are tossed back and forth while an un-named FBO's reputation is dragged through the mill. Then low and behold, after 60 some-odd post, he reports back that he spoke to the FBO (which he should have done before asking the question) and the issue is resolved.

Then after many had wasted their time trying to help on the title subject, the OP changes the thread to a topic totally unrelated (buying an airplane).

Priceless!

Hey......... it is California,,, what do you expect :idea:;)

Priceless!

How dare he!!!

Hey......... it is California,,, what do you expect :idea:;)

Yeah, because goofy posts and thread drift never come for other states. :rolleyes:

Priceless!

You're new here, or you wouldn't consider this worthy of comment. ;)

Something more California posters should know . . . :lol:

What a coincidence: I was thinking the same thing about posters where you live! :rofl:

As I figured they would. I'm glad it all worked out.

This story had a happy ending. For those who asked what they said...this was after hours. I contacted them after receiving the bill and waived the charges...which to me is obviously the right and only thing to do!

Last edited:

Trouble is, Kevin, you don't have it right.

If you look back, you will see that I posted early on that the matter was resolved as soon as I knew. I posted again, because the discussion continued.

Also, So. Cal. is a big place and I purposely didn't mention the name of the FBO. I rent from many so even if you knew me, you wouldn't know.

This was a sincere desire to do the right thing, and I really wanted thoughts from others. The thoughts were all over the map, but much appreciated! I did the right thing an so did the FBO.

All in all it's a good outcome, no? Is there really a need to start throwing around insults of your fellow pilot and California based on a less than thorough reading of the posts? Let's keep this the great site it is.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Priceless!

Trouble is, Kevin, you don't have it right.

If you look back, you will see that I posted early on that the matter was resolved as soon as I knew. I posted again, because the discussion continued.

Also, So. Cal. is a big place and I purposely didn't mention the name of the FBO. I rent from many so even if you knew me, you wouldn't know.

This was a sincere desire to do the right thing, and I really wanted thoughts from others. The thoughts were all over the map, but much appreciated! I did the right thing an so did the FBO.

All in all it's a good outcome, no? Is there really a need to start throwing around insults of your fellow pilot and California based on a less than thorough reading of the posts? Let's keep this the great site it is.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Bob,

For the record, I didn't have it right, it wasn't 60 some-odd posts, it was 56 :)

Now, please read your first post. Why post "I'm outraged" before trying to resolve it with the FBO. If we knew you hadn't done that at this point, the answer to your question "Am I overreacting" would probably have been a resounding YES. You wouldn't have had others call your post "Goofy" and others infer that Californians are the same.

You could have then posted a new thread asking for help in buying a new airplane that doesn't have the heading "Should I Refuse to Pay My FBO?".

So yes, my post IS trying to "keep this the great site it is" by suggesting you could have used better forum etiquette.

Kevin

Back