Should I even try for 1st class

jedi93

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TS
A few years back I was having issues with hemrroids and possibly anal fissures. My primary referred me to a gasto who did a colonoscopy and removed some non cancerous polyps. He also later on did a banding procedure to remove the hemmorids and all was well. I’m not sure if it was In the past 3 years are not. At this point if I continue to have issues would this be disqualifying? Being in the military it was always don’t go to sick call and just suck it up and that’s how I was with this issue forever it seems. Just wanted some more opinions before I book a visit with an AME. Also, if I put this down is the AME going to look at me for hemmroids, etc?

A few years back I was having issues with hemrroids and possibly anal fissures. My primary referred me to a gasto who did a colonoscopy and removed some non cancerous polyps. He also later on did a banding procedure to remove the hemmorids and all was well. I’m not sure if it was In the past 3 years are not. At this point if I continue to have issues would this be disqualifying? Being in the military it was always don’t go to sick call and just suck it up and that’s how I was with this issue forever it seems. Just wanted some more opinions before I book a visit with an AME. Also, if I put this down is the AME going to look at me for hemmroids, etc?

Not a doc, but I think you'll be fine, as long as you keep your fiber intake up that is... Seriously, I don't think there will be an issue, but do a consult (not a live exam) with an AME to be sure. The guy I use answers emails. There are also docs who check in occasionally here.

I agree with PaulS. Neither non/pre cancerous polyps nor hemorrhoids are going to be an issue.

Not a doc, but I think you'll be fine, as long as you keep your fiber intake up that is... Seriously, I don't think there will be an issue, but do a consult (not a live exam) with an AME to be sure. The guy I use answers emails. There are also docs who check in occasionally here.

Do you mind Pm me his details? I’d love to ask someone via email before driving 2 hours to the AME or even driving
I agree with PaulS. Neither non/pre cancerous polyps nor hemorrhoids are going to be an issue.

Thanks for this. If I’m currently even having issue do you think the AME would still check back there to see if I’m currently having any? I see on the FAA site it says to take note and document them, so just curious.

If you drink a spoonful of Citrucel fiber with 8 oz of water every day all those problems will resolve. I was offered surgery almost did it decided not to do it after I read a few google reviews of the surgeon about how they were left incontinent after the surgery were in process of filing a malpractice lawsuit. Fiber foods alone didn't work for me I need the supplement. GI doc told me 25 years ago to just take a fiber supplement wouldn't have any issues I should have listen to him didn't and later had lot more issues.

You never know what the FAA will do they might make you fly around with a donut seat under you :). AME consult should clear up the questions they probably want to check it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support guys. Went and saw Dr Smabell out of Arlington, TX this morning and got a second class. Asked me about it and I told him about my visits and he said I was good to go. Thanks again for all the help you guys provide. Now to just learn to use trim instead of hand flying every the whole time during training and I think I’ll be set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back