Should I bring....

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
So I was thinking about brining a couple or three growlers of the local brew with me to share but then I started thinking what about a sixtel... it's $10 more and about twice the beer.

Is there enough people going that like craft beer to make it worth it? Will there be someway (fridge or enough ice?) too keep it cold? (I've got a hotel room with no fridge)

Then the tough decision which beer?

You will have NO PROBLEMS keeping it cold. Sure, bring some. I am bringing Blue Moon and Leinies Honey Wheat.

Hmm. The Wheat sounds interesting. But it might be a bit too fruity for my tastes. My 2 cents worth. I will drink one. :D

A sixtel is a mini keg with 5 galons in it so it's not like just any cooler will do and I don't want to let it get warm overnigt and I'd rather keep it in a fridge at night. With the offer of cabin 77's fridge maybe I just will...

We're in cabin 7 (I think), which is MUCH closer to the flight line. ;)

Just sayin :D

Hmmm

Hammerin' Ale is the Barbarian's first beer.... This beer goes very well with grilled meats ...

There will be lots of grilled meats that much is true.

Missa,
My room also has a fridge. :)

You can trust it with Ted, Tony, and I. It'll be in good hands!

Missa,
My room also has a fridge. :)

You can trust it with Ted, Tony, and I. It'll be in good hands!

yep. Leah will be the one you will have to worry about.

With a case of wine and a sixtel of beer... We are going to have to find a new call sign for the Aztruck. Boozetruck?

I also need more votes on which one. A Sixtel means only one where Growlers could be multiple types.

Missa, I'm not going and I didn't stay in a holiday inn express last night but I am a pilot and I do brew my own beer. sooooo my advice is the Wheat and the Weldspatter IPA. The Wx will most likely be either HOT and HUMID or HUMID and HOT and beers that are a bit lighter may be a bit better.

Missa, I'm not going and I didn't stay in a holiday inn express last night but I am a pilot and I do brew my own beer. sooooo my advice is the Wheat and the Weldspatter IPA. The Wx will most likely be either HOT and HUMID or HUMID and HOT and beers that are a bit lighter may be a bit better.

I'm generally not a fan of IPA's (I don't like hoppy beers) but I like their IPA... however I still lean toward the wheat. So I guess I have my answer. :D

I like a dark beer. I don't see any lagers on there, so I'll put in a vote for the Headbangerz Brown Ale or the Steel Drivin' Stout!

The brown ale it is...

The wheat was out and it's my second favorite.

Oh man, now I REALLY wish I was coming! I loves me some craft beer, and this stuff sounds fantastic!

Warning: potential thread creep about to commence...

Does anyone else listen to the Craft Beer Radio podcast? The SAVOR event that they just went to (for the second year) sounds like it would appeal to my other two passions besides flying - good food and good beer!

Back