Short landing, long final

motoadve

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
motoadve
The shorter the landing zone the longer the final if room available.
You want time to make things right and established on a short landing, a long final will give you the time to do that, stall warning on final? Depends, I am making a video about that matter, with backcountry instructor Milne CC Pockock from Bush air Cory Robin and Jughead Counsil.

Last edited:
Seems like an awful long video for what should be a short landing. No thanks.

As a student pilot with an interest in off-airport flying, this was great. Thanks.

Since there is no way I will watch videos that get fly-by posted here with zero description, I will just take some time to speculate on the content....

Some guy in a high-winged cezzzna of some type flies a long-ish (probably longer than necessary) approach to set up for some short-field landing probably on an unimproved landing site of some sort. Possibly doing so while employing questionable techniques.

Those of you who did click the bait and watch, amirite??

I didn't watch it either, but I'll speculate, too. Well, the fact is that a short landing is easily made from a short, even 180, approach, so I'll take the premise of the video is incorrect. And guess that it's a demo of dragging an aircraft in way too long.

Since there is no way I will watch videos that get fly-by posted here with zero description, I will just take some time to speculate on the content....

Some guy in a high-winged cezzzna of some type flies a long-ish (probably longer than necessary) approach to set up for some short-field landing probably on an unimproved landing site of some sort. Possibly doing so while employing questionable techniques.

Don't forget its probably set to obnoxious royalty free music as well.

I watch that guy's videos on YT. He does a fine job with his 180/182.

My apologies for no putting a description, it is added now, and will always put one from now on, don't blame guys not wanting to see videos with no description, sorry about that.

Yet another video dumped on us from a non-participant to the forum.

thanks, I guess.

Say what? He has 318 messages, member since 2009. He's been here a helluva lot longer than you. Though admittedly, he doesn't post dozens of snarky messages as you do. I guess if you count snarky comments then your right, he doesn't post as much as some.

I have watched plenty of his videos, I like them. I see he is flying a tail dragger now since damaging his 182 in the soft gravel bar that he showed on a video.
He does make those landings look easy. Thanks for posting his video.

I was turned off by his videos because it seems like they are just a source of income. I used to watch them, but haven't now for many months or longer.

Isn't that why people post videos on Y tube?

I guess that could be one reason, the other might be to actually share information. Either way, when I saw him selling parts off of his new to him 170 because "sponsors" had given him new parts, it just turned me off.

Have you ever filmed and edited a video? If you did, you would understand why some people want a ROI.

I think any longer than about 40 secs on final becomes a distraction. Somewhere between 20-40 secs seems to be the sweet spot.

Have you ever filmed and edited a video? If you did, you would understand why some people want a ROI.
I agree, was just thinking he does a OK job editing his videos. He must have help filming also. I have messed around with my go pro and editing is necessary to put out a decent video. I have learned some things from his videos.

Say what? He has 318 messages, member since 2009. He's been here a helluva lot longer than you. Though admittedly, he doesn't post dozens of snarky messages as you do. I guess if you count snarky comments then your right, he doesn't post as much as some.

In reflection, I must admit, my snarky:helpful ratio has changed in the last year or so. I would like to dial-back the ratio and be more helpful, informative or otherwise not snarky. Thanks for pointing it out.

This said, I stand by my statement and will expand by saying that I do find myself growing more tired of the Youtube video dumpers that do a low pass of POA as well as a few other hangouts to drop and run.

I understand the videos are a ton of work, but I hate when they’re dropped in the middle of actual discussion threads. I have approached the mods in the past to ask that they build a YT section for the deposits. My suggestion hasn’t yet received traction.

Cheers!

Back