Short Final from 5/23/05 AVWeb...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
"May 23, 2005

Short Final...
Flying is serious, dead serious! But let's not forget that most of us actually enjoy flying and its fun aspects. "Short Final..." was conceived to celebrate those moments that were fun, funny, heartwarming, and bring smiles to our faces. This page is dedicated to all those moments.

Overheard on the Houston Deperture frequency...

DEP: Aircraft XYZ, Contact Yao Ming on 123.45

Pilot: ...Huh? DEP: Houston Center"

I think I might have had a similar response. Huh?

thats great. I wouldn't have made the connection right away, but later, I would have been laughing

tee hee... I only had to say it to myself about a dozen times... didn't get it until I said it out loud...

Frank Browne said:
I'm a little slow on the uptake this morning. :dunno: Who was the controller telling the pilot to contact? :redface:

I'm with Frank. I hate for everyone to know how dense I am...but I don't get it. A reference to a tall basketball player?

Just spell it out for me.

Jim

Yao Ming plays basketball for the Houston Rockets. He plays Center.
(also did ads for the Visa check card, which you could use to buy a handheld transceiver if you needed to contact Houston Center.....):D

Last edited:
T Bone said:
Yao ming plays basketball for the Houston Rockets. He plays Center.
(also did ads for the Visa check card, which you could use to buy a handheld transceiver if you needed to contact Houston Center.....):D

Maybe if they had used a reference from a decent sport....:rofl:

Joe Williams said:

Just 'cause the 76ers couldn't field a real team??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Joe Williams said:
Which one, Quiddich?

(Can you tell I'm not a sports fan? ;) )

T Bone said:
Yao Ming plays basketball for the Houston Rockets. He plays Center.

WHOOSH. Right over my head ;-)

Back