Shopping for ANR headsets

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
Getting ready for the trip to San Diego in june. I want my reluctant passengers to be quite comfortable and want to buy 2 pairs of reasonably priced ANR headsets. I am looking at AKG AV 100 which is on sale on Chief aircraft BTW and DC one X hybrid. Any reviews you guys can share?
Also DC is available either battery powered or panel powered - same price. Which option is better ?
Does the panel powered needs to be wired in for it to work?

Last edited:
I do not own that headset, but it appears from their video to be high quality with some good features. I suspect you will get a cigarette lighter style plug to power it from the aircraft.

I found the Lightspeed Sierra to be the best value ANR for passengers. ANR performance is similar to my Zulu 2, the only real difference is the passive performance of the Zulu2 is better, if the battery fails.

...stay away from Bose..pos...virtually fell apart after 3 years...Bose would do NOTHING...Denali good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting ready for the trip to San Diego in june. I want my reluctant passengers to be quite comfortable and want to buy 2 pairs of reasonably priced ANR headsets. I am looking at AKG AV 100 which is on sale on Chief aircraft BTW and DC one X hybrid. Any reviews you guys can share?
Also DC is available either battery powered or panel powered - same price. Which option is better ?
Does the panel powered needs to be wired in for it to work?
BIG +1 on the David Clark One-X. I've had mine for about a year now and I LOVE IT. Most comfortable ANR on the market IMNSHO. I suggest the battery powered one, you can then unplug it from your plane and move it to another plane.

BIG +1 on the David Clark One-X. I've had mine for about a year now and I LOVE IT. Most comfortable ANR on the market IMNSHO. I suggest the battery powered one, you can then unplug it from your plane and move it to another plane.

:yeahthat:

I have a number of DCs in the Aztec. Have a One-X I bought for myself, but find I am constantly being asked to give it up to passengers, especially my wife. It's more popular than the in-ear Halo.

I have the battery powered one for same reason as post above. Don't need to change them very often.

bose is a sh..t co they count the days till there warrantee is over to the nanosecond go dc

I picked up the Faro Stealth as my first ANR headset about a month ago. It's better than passive only, but I'm sure there are better ANR headsets out there. I kind of feel like I got exactly what I paid for it which feels good, but before I ventured out into paying more $$ I figured I'd just take a "step" up. No complaints about it all, but I've only put about 9 hours on it.

look up the member Pigpen in the classified thread's he sells some nice stuff and there have been no complaints

...stay away from Bose..pos...virtually fell apart after 3 years...Bose would do NOTHING...Denali good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I'm surprised to hear this...always had amazing support for Bose. Maybe that has changed in the past few years

I have a matching pair of Sennheiser ANR headsets in excellent condition in their original cases. Make me an offer.

Back