Shooting Hoops

Thanks Ed; thanks a lot! (broke the additiction at 40)

Diana said:
I can't stop! :eek:

I can't get it in either.

After a little practice I got to 6 in a row, but I wish I knew what the magnitude of the wind # meant. Do you suppose it's the crosswind component? It's definitely related to the effect the fan has on the paper.

Damn, I wish my client's firewall would let me see what the heck everyone is talking about...!!

once upon a time there used to be a game where you flew a paper airplane around a house and had to get lift from heating vents, lamps, etc, and avoid downdrafts from ceiling fans, etc... anybody remember that? It was around the same era as Aqua-Piper-Blooper, where you had to assemble the pipe pieces from the conveyer belt (similar to Tetris) in order to plumb a leakless pipe system from the vavle to the shower before the timer ran out and the vavle opened up...

lancefisher said:
After a little practice I got to 6 in a row, but I wish I knew what the magnitude of the wind # meant. Do you suppose it's the crosswind component? It's definitely related to the effect the fan has on the paper.

Most definitely crosswind component.

gkainz said:
once upon a time there used to be a game where you flew a paper airplane around a house and had to get lift from heating vents, lamps, etc, and avoid downdrafts from ceiling fans, etc... anybody remember that? It was around the same era as Aqua-Piper-Blooper, where you had to assemble the pipe pieces from the conveyer belt (similar to Tetris) in order to plumb a leakless pipe system from the vavle to the shower before the timer ran out and the vavle opened up...

Sliders? Most definately remember the game, hours of fun for both me and the kids!

lancefisher said:

I think the fan even changes angle and you have to watch that.

gkainz said:
Sliders! :yes: that's the one! :cheerswine:

This really spurred my curiousity, after sorting through all those old CD's that my wife tells me to chuck, I finally did find it!!

GLIDER!! not Slider, Powerhouse Entertainment, 1995

May just load it up for old times sake!

Gary

on CD? You must have the really, really new version!

Back