Shift happens

We should all thank...

Al Gore for making this possible.

I'm not saying it isn't true..but..anyone can put any false facts up on the internet and it becomes believable.

At the present rate this, at the present rate that.
All the things in the presentation are ultimately limited by economics, population and environmental dynamics, and actual need.

I'm not saying it isn't true..but..anyone can put any false facts up on the internet and it becomes believable.
72.2 % of internet users believe that statement. When you remove those with an IQ of 119 or less, 98.27 % believe that statement. These fun facts brought to you from our national headquarters of the Lady of Blessed Trivia in Deerdroppings, CA.

72.2 % of internet users believe that statement. When you remove those with an IQ of 119 or less, 98.27 % believe that statement. These fun facts brought to you from our national headquarters of the Lady of Blessed Trivia in Deerdroppings, CA.

Along with that is the widespread and fallacious idea that somehow bigger is always better.

I'll stick with the country that has the BEST armed forces protecting the BEST way of life. Not cower to the huge numbers of mass breeders protecting their country's version of mediocrity.

We stopped at the Deerdroppings Walmart last July to pick up some prunes. Wow, was that place crowded!
ApacheBob

Ok, I have a problem with this - it is implying that India is more populated than China, and that is not true.

Some of the slides are nonsense.

Alcatel and ??? are developing a trillion bit/sec fiber channel. (...That's 1900 CDs a second...blah, blah....) Since the fiber is in place and that rate just requires new switches the marginal cost is $0.
Really? You think companies make the considerable investment on the R&D on faster switches so they can give away the switches? Do the existing switches just get upgraded at no cost?

My job is figure what this stuff costs. It costs $millions per installation.

A whole series of unrelated factoids, and no particular point to the whole thing (although the music somehow made me think of Lord of the Dance or Titanic or something...)

The estimated 2006 population of China is 1,313,973,713, while the temperature of the surface of the Sun is approximately 5,500 K. Coincidence? I think not...

Dan

When you consider "Shift Happens", true or not, ponder this. What would have happened if Mao. had opened China to the world in the 50's.

Back